Martin's configuration

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I haven't been infected for around 2 years now so i believe i don't need heavy security solutions installed on my computer, i'm trying to make my computer as light as possible, I'm currently looking for free On-demand scanners and a virtualization software. well and probably any light apps that won't affect the usability of my computer.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Level of computer security knowledge and awareness: Medium
I haven't been infected for around 2 years now so i believe i don't need heavy security solutions installed on my computer, i'm trying to make my computer as light as possible, I'm currently looking for free On-demand scanners and a virtualization software.
:confused: I advise to use MBAM and HitmanPro for preventive inspections.
Backup and Restore:N/A
Badly.
At least you can use the built-in windows backup tool.
Or you can use other programs(Acronis,Paragon, etc..)

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Oh I totally forgot that I use a cloud based storage for backing up my files, namely Google drive. or does that backup and restore mean restoring system files incase of infection?
But isn't hitman pro a paid program? I don't really have a credit card for online transactions sooo :/

I'm now confused..Should I download EEK or MBAM?

Last edited:

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Where is Smartscreen? Are Disable?
Maxthon Cloud Browser it´s more faster than chrome but have a baddly extension system. You have install Adguard for stop annoying ads on the net.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Decided with:
On-demand scanner: Emsisoft emergency kit
Backup and recovery: Windows default backup&restore
Google chrome extensions: added https everywhere

Thanks for the tips everyone! looking for a sandboxing software at the moment.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks, but why can't i edit my configuration? it doesnt show up when i try to edit the thread? thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.