MascHera - Security Configuration 2016

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Comodo Firewall, Zemana AntiMalware Premium, Zemana AntiLogger Premium, Heimdal PRO
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, HitmanPro, herdProtect, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera: Adguard, HTTPS Everywhere, ZenMate
Microsoft Edge: N/A
Maintenance tools
CCleaner (Enhancer), Advanced SystemCare Pro, IOBit Uninstaller, Driver Booster Pro, Windows Privacy Tweaker, Who Stalks My Cam

Maschera

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Out of curiosity:
Real-time Malware Protection:
Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Comodo Firewall, Zemana AntiMalware Premium, Zemana AntiLogger Premium, Heimdal PRO

EAM + CFW should be enough, tossing in Heimdal Pro (I assume you have their malware component turned off?)

I do not really see the need to overkill the RT protection, even if your system can run them fine.

If you had a weak AV, then ZAMP, ZALP could be justified.

With the above combination, I would be more inclined to run ZAMP on On Demand, Heimdal PRO with the anti-malware protection off.

One recommendation since you use Edge: grab the 6 months trial of Adguard installer, and you are set for the browsers you are running.

EMSISOFT AM + Zemana Prem alone concerned me regarding confliction. Heimdal on top of that just feels overkill. If there's no confliction (even if minor) and he's able to handle it, it's fine I guess, but I don't feel why anyone would ever need that much real-time unless they're regular torrenters, or frequently visiting the dark web.

First of all, thank you for your comment. As I said, this configuration is meant to be maximum protection. In addition, the software is optimized according to need to avoid any conflicts. (EAM + Comodo Firewall + Heimdal + (ZAMP-ZALP)).. This combination of software and supports each other. (To avoid all conflicts it must be set by the user.) I'm studying Computer Engineering thats why i need it.

Good configuration. In what language did you write your password manager?

First of all, thank you for your comment. C#.Net ^^

Reactions: Logethica

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Even on your studies there is overlaps on your rt protection. Eam has strong signatures rendering others pretty much useless in that field. Heidmal malware functions are limited as well.

Although all can be run in rt with proper exclusions made do not mean best protection is offered. You are better off plug other holes that you have left open instead if you want to cover all areas. One thing is being overkill and effective another is just overkill where there are overlaps everywhere.

Maschera

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Even on your studies there is overlaps on your rt protection. Eam has strong signatures rendering others pretty much useless in that field. Heidmal malware functions are limited as well.

Although all can be run in rt with proper exclusions made do not mean best protection is offered. You are better off plug other holes that you have left open instead if you want to cover all areas. One thing is being overkill and effective another is just overkill where there are overlaps everywhere.

First of all, thank you for your comment and thanks for the suggestion Additionally Edge plug-in. I agree with your comment. But I am quite comfortable with this system optimized by myself. 100% security is not possible with this configuration had a problem until now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.