matousec.com - right or wrong

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Not much man, i'm not stingy and yes i must do in private but trough your funding i will save up for a cloak and dagger and then hide my sinister plans from the public and eventually get taken in by the illuminati and take over Disney world.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Matousec.com is the only testing site that hides its Whois data, it is also the only testing site that always gives Comodo top honors.
Just to add the the conspiracy.

I would love to be able to see past that Whois Protection Guard.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Ulikedat

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I did enjoy your postings and it does certainly have alot of value but it's good to form different opinions on such a controversial mather don't you agree?

Reactions: Littlebits

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Lemme see, can you hack me the Ripper from Ghosts Devastation? No worries, i will spread the word deviously.

On a sidenote, i think that whole Umbra Security thread got me this delusional + flue= worse than being drunk i think.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Here is some more interesting reading.

"Conclusion: Matousec’s tests are misleading the reader, disadvantaging several vendors in a unacceptable way and his commercial activities in relation to his tests can be labeled as dubious. My advice: stay far away from his so called “tests”. They are not worth the paper they are written on."

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Ulikedat
I

illumination

Matousec's test are based upon HIPS and Behavior style Proactive testing , not just firewalls.. Although i am again using Comodo, i would not recommend this site as a source of anything ..

Last edited by a moderator:

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
Two interesting posts by Mike Nash (Tall Emu)

"Nonsense.

Vendors trusting the tests or not doesn't matter. It matters only if the users/potential customers trust them, so it can be used for marketing purposes."

"Well, as a Comodo fan, I'd recommend you read Melih's thoughts on Matousec tests. Last time I read, he was only there because Symantec was - after publically saying he was done with it.

He changed his position because a larger competitor was playing in the matousec pool, just like I did."

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/matousec-comodo-100-again.293304/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.