ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
soo this happened
LgJSQB.png
I had that too the day before yesterday.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KLVirusDesk service has had some issues for about 1 week, about receiving samples, I had to contact to upper staff and then report to Moscow, from yesterday night it is working fine again, that's why in my MWHub results I haven't been posting final verdicts of samples...

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

is this a newer version then the one I downloaded yesterday but have not installed yet? I noticed their server is extremely slow it took a half hour to download a 43 meg install file.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
is this a newer version then the one I downloaded yesterday but have not installed yet? I noticed their server is extremely slow it took a half hour to download a 43 meg install file.
it probably is, although i'm really not sure, install it and check version numbers
i downloaded the installer in like 30 seconds, so not sure about the speed either.

Reactions: AtlBo

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
1523570524750.png

Byte size different and also the name is different. I added the version number to both to different the two. My mistake. The first version 1.0.0.1 not 1.0.1.1. I am still at work a while posting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and mekelek

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
2018-04-13 (ver:1.0.1.2)1.0.1.2 Update (Release Note)

[Bug fixes]

- Select-All function in Quarantine is added. (#10)
- Fixed the occasion which the concerned file still remains even though the real-time engine cured successfully. (#20)
- Improved the user interface in order to perform additional functions after cure and quarantine is completed. (#35)
- Fixed the case that system log is displayed in Korean even in English version. (#50)
- Fixed the duplication of malware detection result. (#54)
- Improved the user interface so that the user knows current progress in user authentication. (#58)
- Fixed the error in scanning the copied malware folder. (#59)
- Fixed the error in setting up tray icon notification. (#60)
- Fixed an issue that BitDefender Anti-Virus identifies the MAX Anti-Virus log file as malware. (#67)
- Fixed the error in registration of exception settings of detected malware. (#64)
- Fixed an issue where the contents of the detected malicious code detection window were not registered in the exception setting registration. (#65)
- Fixed the duplicate registration of the same file via different paths in exception settings. (#66)
- Fixed a case which MAX Anti-Virus core service does not run normally once in a while. (#69)
- Fixed the error in the Update File Execution option so that it runs in accordance with the customized language. (#70)
- Stabilized malware inspection of large file. (#75)
- Fixed the error in inspection option of scanning all folders and files in the system. (#77)
- Fixed the un-sync problem between the real-time detection log and the actual number of detected malware. (#78)
- Fixed an issue where the folder was registered as an exception but was checked when malicious code was scanned. (#79)
- Fixed an issue which account authentication takes time during the peak time of MAX Anti-Virus users in a certain time. (#80)
- Fixed the error which MAX Agent was terminated in case of batch deletion of exception items. (#81)
- Fixed progress display error in some PCs in case of selecting the memory check for scanning files. (#83)
- Fixed the problem which some of malware with self-protection in execution are not properly cured. (#84)
- Fixed the problem which files in subfolders of the concerned folders are not registered as exceptions. (#85)

copied from malwares.com

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Noticed the idle usage is better hovering around 7-9% with .88 - 1.0 frequency. This with Norton and Webroot on a i7-5600u. A little overkill for a laptop but that only way of telling if there any slow down on a more powerful computer. Still testing on hardware burden.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Noticed the idle usage is better hovering around 7-9% with .88 - 1.0 frequency. This with Norton and Webroot on a i7-5600u. A little overkill for a laptop but that only way of telling if there any slow down on a more powerful computer. Still testing on hardware burden.
you have Norton and Webroot at the same time? that aint smart, especially on a 2 core laptop cpu :D:D
you honestly have no use of Webroot in that combo.
and choosing Norton to run alongside MAX is weird. MAX needs a really good dynamic module rich AV not a signature beast like Norton.

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
I normally run AV suit with another cloud antivirus. Never have any conflicting issue since they need to play nice together and don't burden the hardware. Usually idle cpu utilization, memory load, program launch, and overall performance is what I look at and behavior. About detection, blocking, and cleaning test, I leave that up to professional to see what perform best against malware. Every once awhile, I just load up a malware batch to test. My laptop just for testing and for fun.

Norton got free licensing so was testing but I mostly run Avast/Webroot/Voodoo shield combo. What is your other security software do you use beside Kaspersky?

Reactions: [correlate]

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I normally run AV suit with another cloud antivirus. Never have any conflicting issue since they need to play nice together and don't burden the hardware. Usually idle cpu utilization, memory load, program launch, and overall performance is what I look at and behavior. About detection, blocking, and cleaning test, I leave that up to professional to see what perform best against malware. Every once awhile, I just load up a malware batch to test. My laptop just for testing and for fun.

Norton got free licensing so was testing but I mostly run Avast/Webroot/Voodoo shield combo. What is your other security software do you use beside Kaspersky?
Voodooshield, NVT OSArmor

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
They would have to integrate the antivirus to the windows defender security center. Greetings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.