Should i buy it?

• Yes, it is nice

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No, (explainn why)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
P

plat1098

As an owner of two Lenovos, I voted "no." :cool: I read on Lenovo's site one time about a budget desktop having some kind of aluminum foil liner inside after malfunctioning after a couple of months, a turn-off. The Intel ME vulnerability affects my workstation and it seems it affects a number of these Yoga 520 models also so you'd have to patch it and then keep it in the back of your mind. So, yeah, I'd invest in something else.

Intel ME 11.x, SPS 4.0, and TXE 3.0 Cumulative Security Update

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
The very first boot can take quite some time, it's only once. I don't know about the pen, never used one but the finger print reader is a very nice option and you should hold out for it. I suppose it's stupid to ask a high security guy why he won't shop on line but why won't you shop on line? You of all people must have an incredibly secure setup?
If @Umbra, is anything like me then i prefer a bricks and mortar store, i like to see the quality (or lack of it) in real life, i want to touch it, feel it, try it and if needed, ask questions and then i make a decision. For me it's not about not shopping online because i do for certain things but for the most part i prefer a real shop. If he had bought this online then he would have been seriously disappointed :cry:

Problem wasn't the specs, but the loss of many features i expected.

I don't buy online because i hate returning the items if it doesn't meet my expectations, like in this case.
A man after my own heart sir (y) (p.s. - no advice from me, just getting my tuppence worth in on shopping habits) :p

Windows_Security

Level 16
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 7
In August I bought a Lenovo 520 Yoga for my wife (she had an old Lenovo Thnkpad dual core Celeron P4600) with the Pentium 4415U Processor (2.30GHz 1866MHz 4MB Ram) and 128 GB SSD. It was fairly easy to put in the Hybrid 1TB drive of her old Lenovo. Chrome launches in just a second (we have 200 MB internet, so we still get 100-120 on wireless). The screen is sharp and full HD. Batterly life is less as promised, but still way better than old laptops.

I like Lenovo: (but Dutch always like cheap stuff :sick: ), I only have positive experiences with Lenovo laptops.

Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 26
Content Creator
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Kaspersky
....the latest genaration of intel CPUs with 4 cores (i7 8250U) seems to have much more performance than the old series.
....SSD slot is available and RAM can also be upgraded.

IMO: it looks nice!

Spawn

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
If you have no budget, get Surface Book 2 -https://aka.ms/surfacebook2

Other options; HP Elite and Dell.

RoboMan

Level 21
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I see you've already bought, but i wouldn't bet for a seventh generation of i3. Just no. Your new i5 8th generation is something to dream about, good job. Great laptop!