Battle Maybe my next ultrabook

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
P

plat1098

Thread author
As an owner of two Lenovos, I voted "no." :cool: I read on Lenovo's site one time about a budget desktop having some kind of aluminum foil liner inside after malfunctioning after a couple of months, a turn-off. The Intel ME vulnerability affects my workstation and it seems it affects a number of these Yoga 520 models also so you'd have to patch it and then keep it in the back of your mind. So, yeah, I'd invest in something else.

Intel ME 11.x, SPS 4.0, and TXE 3.0 Cumulative Security Update

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
The very first boot can take quite some time, it's only once. I don't know about the pen, never used one but the finger print reader is a very nice option and you should hold out for it. I suppose it's stupid to ask a high security guy why he won't shop on line but why won't you shop on line? You of all people must have an incredibly secure setup?

If @Umbra, is anything like me then i prefer a bricks and mortar store, i like to see the quality (or lack of it) in real life, i want to touch it, feel it, try it and if needed, ask questions and then i make a decision. For me it's not about not shopping online because i do for certain things but for the most part i prefer a real shop. If he had bought this online then he would have been seriously disappointed :cry:

Problem wasn't the specs, but the loss of many features i expected.

I don't buy online because i hate returning the items if it doesn't meet my expectations, like in this case.

A man after my own heart sir (y) (p.s. - no advice from me, just getting my tuppence worth in on shopping habits) :p

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
In August I bought a Lenovo 520 Yoga for my wife (she had an old Lenovo Thnkpad dual core Celeron P4600) with the Pentium 4415U Processor (2.30GHz 1866MHz 4MB Ram) and 128 GB SSD. It was fairly easy to put in the Hybrid 1TB drive of her old Lenovo. Chrome launches in just a second (we have 200 MB internet, so we still get 100-120 on wireless). The screen is sharp and full HD. Batterly life is less as promised, but still way better than old laptops.

I like Lenovo: (but Dutch always like cheap stuff :sick: ), I only have positive experiences with Lenovo laptops.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i found the upgraded version of the Lenovo Yoga 520.

Untitled.jpg

Upgradable to 16 GB RAM

note the i5 8th generation

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have no budget, get Surface Book 2 -https://aka.ms/surfacebook2

Other options; HP Elite and Dell.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.