Battle Maybe my next ultrabook

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
hi guys,

so i was looking for a convertible ultrabook, 360° screen thingy and found this one at the nearest store. (i don't buy online)

Lenovo Yoga 520

lenovo-yoga-520-14-subseries-feature-2-active-pen-v2.png
lenovo-yoga-520-14-subseries-feature-5-hd-screen.png

- 14"
- i3-7100U, 2.7ghz
- 4Gb RAM extendable to 8Gb
- 500Gb HDD, (seems it has room for adding a SSD)
- fingerprint reader
- optical pen

i like the design, upgradable components, and various features. I don't play games, will use it mostly out of my house for working, classic surfing and video calls.

any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
- machine took ages during boot before reaching the initial setup procedure.

The very first boot can take quite some time, it's only once. I don't know about the pen, never used one but the finger print reader is a very nice option and you should hold out for it. I suppose it's stupid to ask a high security guy why he won't shop on line but why won't you shop on line? You of all people must have an incredibly secure setup?

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
I also have Lenovo U430 Touch i5 4th Gen, 8Gb Ram and 500Gb HD i bought it for 375$ , it lasts about 4-5 hours on normal usage and i must say lenovo build quality is very good. One thing i recommend to buy a laptop with anti-glare screen as i mostly use my laptop outside and sun light is enemy of my screen.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I wouldn't call it stupid (and I'm not umbra), one possible reason is what happens if there is a data breach somewhere along the line?

Fair point. What I do is use my main bank account to feed another bank account (different bank) which I use for the purchase with the minimum amount of money needed.
The processor that Umbra speaks of is hyper threaded and I would guess more than enough for a non gamer. 2 years ago I would never have bought a computer with a Celeron processor but today I'm using a acer netbook with a Celeron quad core and it's great. Only complaint is that the keyboard isn't backlit, spoiled.

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
@HarborFront Umbra is the equivalent to a 1000 spy employees working at Lenovo, he will spoof the environment so when they spy on him they get a fake environment about elderly Christmas shopping instead of his real environment! :p

The system looks quite nice I think, especially if it comes with 8GB RAM. However I don't think I would want 8GB RAM unless I had a better CPU than the one mentioned for the specs. Either way as long as you like it and it can be good for you, why not treat yourself :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.