Derbi

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
F-Secure
Hi, i am wanting to remove Malware bytes 3.0.6.1469 when i go into the control panel, add/remove programs, locate Malware bytes in the list, highlight, press ''uninstall'' tab, i get a pop up box message saying ''Run time error (at43:134): could not call Proc'' i have googled this and it lead me to your forum (lucky for me)
i have done a Zoek report log and kept that if its any use? i also have 2 pop up adware browser windows, but that's a separate issue. I would like to get Malware bytes off my pc first, i would be great full for some help, thank you.

Jack

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Hello @Derbi,
You can follow these steps to remove Malwarebytes from your PC:

What is mb-clean.exe?

mb-clean.exe (aka Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility) is a tool developed by Malwarebytes to assist in fully removing the following products:

• All versions of Malwarebytes 3.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.x
Note: mb-clean.exe will eventually replace the legacy version of "mbam-clean.exe".

When to use mb-clean.exe?

• If you are having trouble uninstalling any of the supported products mentioned above
  • If you are having trouble upgrading to a newer version
  • If you are getting access denied or failed to delete errors during removal
  • If real-time protection is having trouble starting
What operating systems can I use mb-clean.exe on?

• Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit only)
What do I need to know before running mb-clean.exe?

• Warning: It does not backup the license activation key. Please make sure to backup or obtain the license activation information before running the tool in order to restore paid versions.
  • Warning: We also recommend deactivating the product before running the tool. Refer to the links under "Helpful Resources" for detailed instructions.
  • It does not clean Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile
  • It does not reinstall or repair a product; this can to be done manually after cleanup
What are the steps to use mb-clean.exe?

1. Download the latest version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean
  2. Close all open applications
  3. If applicable, backup your license key and deactivate the product
  4. Double-click mb-clean.exe to run it
  5. A prompt to confirm the cleanup will appear, select “Yes” or “No”
    • Yes - will proceed with the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility
  6. Utility will launch a Command Prompt window which will disappear once the the cleanup process completes.
  7. Once completed, a log file ("mb-cleanresult.txt") will be on your desktop and you'll be prompted to reboot
    • We recommend an immediate reboot
    • Suppressing the reboot may result in an incomplete cleanup
  8. Upon reboot, your machine will be free of the supported products mentioned above and ready for re-installation of Malwarebytes

More details here: Malwarebytes MB-clean tool

If the issue persists, you can contact Malwarebytes support via this form: Malwarebytes | Email Us