Maywarebytes 3.0.6.1469 Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derbi

Thread author
Mar 27, 2017
Hi, i am wanting to remove Malware bytes 3.0.6.1469 when i go into the control panel, add/remove programs, locate Malware bytes in the list, highlight, press ''uninstall'' tab, i get a pop up box message saying ''Run time error (at43:134): could not call Proc'' i have googled this and it lead me to your forum (lucky for me)
i have done a Zoek report log and kept that if its any use? i also have 2 pop up adware browser windows, but that's a separate issue. I would like to get Malware bytes off my pc first, i would be great full for some help, thank you.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Derbi,
You can follow these steps to remove Malwarebytes from your PC:

What is mb-clean.exe?

mb-clean.exe (aka Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility) is a tool developed by Malwarebytes to assist in fully removing the following products:

• All versions of Malwarebytes 3.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.x
  • All versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.x
Note: mb-clean.exe will eventually replace the legacy version of "mbam-clean.exe".

When to use mb-clean.exe?

• If you are having trouble uninstalling any of the supported products mentioned above
  • If you are having trouble upgrading to a newer version
  • If you are getting access denied or failed to delete errors during removal
  • If real-time protection is having trouble starting
What operating systems can I use mb-clean.exe on?

• Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit only)
What do I need to know before running mb-clean.exe?

• Warning: It does not backup the license activation key. Please make sure to backup or obtain the license activation information before running the tool in order to restore paid versions.
  • Warning: We also recommend deactivating the product before running the tool. Refer to the links under "Helpful Resources" for detailed instructions.
  • It does not clean Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile
  • It does not reinstall or repair a product; this can to be done manually after cleanup
What are the steps to use mb-clean.exe?

1. Download the latest version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean
  2. Close all open applications
  3. If applicable, backup your license key and deactivate the product
  4. Double-click mb-clean.exe to run it
  5. A prompt to confirm the cleanup will appear, select “Yes” or “No”
    • Yes - will proceed with the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility
  6. Utility will launch a Command Prompt window which will disappear once the the cleanup process completes.
  7. Once completed, a log file ("mb-cleanresult.txt") will be on your desktop and you'll be prompted to reboot
    • We recommend an immediate reboot
    • Suppressing the reboot may result in an incomplete cleanup
  8. Upon reboot, your machine will be free of the supported products mentioned above and ready for re-installation of Malwarebytes

More details here: Malwarebytes MB-clean tool

If the issue persists, you can contact Malwarebytes support via this form: Malwarebytes | Email Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.