Not open for further replies.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Hardly ever use it these days, but decided to reinstall it the other day to do an on demand scan.
Wouldn't connect to server and update the signatures, but ran a scan and left it turned off afterwards. THEN it started nagging me that database was out of date every 5 minutes and just couldn't update it!

Have since uninstalled again just to shut the notifications up :eek::p

Anyone have any idea what caused this, as if it's bleating at me that it's out of date, there must be some kinda connection?

Last edited:

nexus1612

Apr 6, 2018
Hello ElectricSheep,

its a try if the problem is still there. in my case it was a problem in the windows network stack. However, I also had problems with other programs.

I solve the problem with reset the network stack.

start cmd as admin
Code:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
reboot your system

if you have used a static address. set it new. try again to update mwb

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.