Battle MBAM Pro or MSE..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Bone

Thread author
May 28, 2011
You have one choice, and one choice only.:cool: Would you use MBAM Pro or MSE as your ONLY real time malware protection?

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
I love MBAM PRO and it has served me well over many years

If I had one choice which I don't!! I will still use MBAM PRO as a partner for my security set up
If I had to use MSE or MBAM PRO as a standalone then I would definitely have to try MBAM in a sandbox or use TimeFreeze, glad we have choices..

I understand this war-room idea but here you are trying to compare apples to oranges IMO

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I agree MBAM is one of the best but not that MSE is crapware. Just install it along CIS firewall you have the lightest and meanest config.
I even had it with the full CIS. Just disabled Comodo AV realtime. But I kept the cloud enabled.
Still its miles lighter than Kaspersky.
One a experienced users PC MSE should be good enough yes of course with another on demand scanner.

S

starchild76

A lot of people have a dislike about MSE because of its low detection rates , but I still do have a little sofspot for this software! Its nice simple and clean and its not that heavy on the system ( occasionally some random memory spikes ).so my vote goes to security essentials all the way , if you now what you are doing on the net and know how to avoid dangerous sites and have your browser hardened with usefull addons you are good to go!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
A lot of people have a dislike about MSE because of its low detection rates , but I still do have a little sofspot for this software! Its nice simple and clean and its not that heavy on the system ( occasionally some random memory spikes ).so my vote goes to security essentials all the way , if you now what you are doing on the net and know how to avoid dangerous sites and have your browser hardened with usefull addons you are good to go!

Well, to each their own; more power to 'em. This is a nice debate though. I like debates. hehe :)

D Bone

Thread author
May 28, 2011
I find it interesting that as I type this, 24 out of 32 (there a 4 votes for "other", but like I said in my original post, for this thread, MSE & MBAM Pro are the only choices, so I'm not counting any votes for "other") members would rather use MBAM Pro as their only form of real time protection, even though they know that the maker of the program cautions against it..............Looks like the vast majority of us that frequent a security forum don't think too highly of MSE.

sweetito

Dec 22, 2012
As i say always ,no one perfect,but you can use Microsoft with avira,....maybe avira forget one virus so that Microsoft catch it,well it happened with me!also remember avira can not scan network drives but Microsoft do it

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are MSE and Avira compatible? I know with Avira you can choose not to install the real-time guard.

From the choices I would use MSE without RT protection, then Restart it's services to reduce RAM usage. As I do with WD in Windows 8. ;)
MBAM would remain as an on-demand scanner, no PRO for me.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Wow, I havent looked at this in a while 52 to 16 in favor of MBAM Pro?????

I am not really a MSE fan as I think there are other choices that are better but I guess it gets a bad rep because its Microsoft but even I have to admit it isnt all that bad and probably protects many home users very well.Especially those with little or no knowledge of other free products available to them.

Very interesting thread nevertheless as 52 people have chosen a Antimalware program over a Antivirus program.Given those 2 choices {not counting other} there is really only 1 choice.

Maybe MSE vs. MyFree Antivirus 2013 next.MSE would have to win that one,at least I would hope so.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Littlebits said:
So you would rather used MBAM Pro without any antivirus software installed? :huh:

Very well said Littebits, thiis thread is not about whether we like or not MSE or if we think MSE is the greatest or the best antivirus but it is about whether it is better to use a real antivirus or not.

In my case, it doesn't matter if I use MSE or MBAM as I use nothing for scanners but for people DEPENDING on an AV, choosing the finest on demand scanner and greatest companion for an antivirus instead of using a real antivirus is wrong.

Bo

Syntax4Sinners

Jan 7, 2013
<<< Voted Other as no option for both or I need glasses :cool:
I use both together , MWB full paid up version and M$ Essentials . (W7, have used on vista and currently on XP)
I put both on every system I get my grubby little mitts on FREE and FREE :heart:
Then tell people to buy an AV, if they want better protection, software that they believe will fit THEIR needs (not mine)

On my main machine if I get a 'nasty' I try and study its behavior, like ants in a glass jar, before deleting the OS (VM) and running the last clean copy which is autobacked up after scanning. Lots of "oh really , do you know where you are?" and chuckling to myself. :D

Far worst than the conflicker , randsomware and the rest of the crap I've dealt with on others machines is users who don't uninstall an AV and install 5 :mad: because more is bound to work better and they can't get rid of something :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.