Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Secure URL Shortener from McAf.ee

I can't quote from the website right now, since it caught me :p

 

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Nice , you also get the McAfee Advisor on top : http://mcaf.ee/4095c
 

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
It blocked it :


Nice... :p Btw..What were you trying to do when you've got that "I saw what you did there!" :lolz:
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
I was testing whether McAfee detected "malicious URLs" from MDL, the first link was marked as spam the second attempt I got that Time-out screen. :ROFLMAO:
 

LoftedAphid86

New Member
Maybe this should be made a standard for links here?
Can we get an addon for mybb to automatically redirect links to the mcaf.ee shortening?
 

LaserWraith

New Member
elliotcroft said:
Maybe this should be made a standard for links here?
Can we get an addon for mybb to automatically redirect links to the mcaf.ee shortening?
No way! I like seeing where I'm going.

Anyway, a WOT addon, if possible, wouldn't be bad. But I kind of agree with Comodo Forums' policy to not use URL shorteners: You don't know where you are being redirected. And McAfee can be wrong too.
 

Tweak

New Member
I have to agree with LaserWraith, although I could use an extension un-shortener I prefer to simply see where I am to go via links provided on any forum.
 

LaserWraith

New Member
Tweak said:
I have to agree with LaserWraith, although I could use an extension un-shortener I prefer to simply see where I am to go via links provided on any forum.
I personally don't want another extension—the more RAM that is used on my PC, that more my laptop gets obviously slower. :)
 

Tweak

New Member
LaserWraith said:
Tweak said:
I have to agree with LaserWraith, although I could use an extension un-shortener I prefer to simply see where I am to go via links provided on any forum.
I personally don't want another extension—the more RAM that is used on my PC, that more my laptop gets obviously slower. :)
I did said could, not that I am or will.;)
If I were on a laptop or slower desktop I would definitely be concerned about how added extensions might adversely affect the system but as I am not using such a machine this isn't as much a concern but it is still a consideration worth taking into account for anyone.:goodpost:
 

bogdan

New Member
Pre-moderated
Maybe this should be made a standard for links here?
Can we get an addon for mybb to automatically redirect links to the mcaf.ee shortening?
I am sure it is feasible (provided that McAfee offers some sort of API for their service) but I am not aware of such a plugin. Also if this mean that when someone writes a post including a link to a site, a McAf.ee link appears instead, than this might confuse the poster. Also full links might be better (as others said).
This sort of services are usefull on twitter or anywhere else when you don't have a code similar to the one provided in most forums:
Code:
[url=www.this-is-a-rather-long-link.com]short text[/url]