rc2np.png

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What if you stumble across to a bad-rated site?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It blocked it :
gD4ZC.png

Nice... :p Btw..What were you trying to do when you've got that "I saw what you did there!" :lolz:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was testing whether McAfee detected "malicious URLs" from MDL, the first link was marked as spam the second attempt I got that Time-out screen. :lol:

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Maybe this should be made a standard for links here?
Can we get an addon for mybb to automatically redirect links to the mcaf.ee shortening?

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Can we get an addon for mybb to automatically redirect links to the mcaf.ee shortening?

No way! I like seeing where I'm going.

Anyway, a WOT addon, if possible, wouldn't be bad. But I kind of agree with Comodo Forums' policy to not use URL shorteners: You don't know where you are being redirected. And McAfee can be wrong too.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I have to agree with LaserWraith, although I could use an extension un-shortener I prefer to simply see where I am to go via links provided on any forum.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Tweak said:
I have to agree with LaserWraith, although I could use an extension un-shortener I prefer to simply see where I am to go via links provided on any forum.

I personally don't want another extension—the more RAM that is used on my PC, that more my laptop gets obviously slower. :)

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Tweak said:

I personally don't want another extension—the more RAM that is used on my PC, that more my laptop gets obviously slower. :)

I did said could, not that I am or will.:wink:
If I were on a laptop or slower desktop I would definitely be concerned about how added extensions might adversely affect the system but as I am not using such a machine this isn't as much a concern but it is still a consideration worth taking into account for anyone.:goodpost:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I am sure it is feasible (provided that McAfee offers some sort of API for their service) but I am not aware of such a plugin. Also if this mean that when someone writes a post including a link to a site, a McAf.ee link appears instead, than this might confuse the poster. Also full links might be better (as others said).
This sort of services are usefull on twitter or anywhere else when you don't have a code similar to the one provided in most forums:
Code:
[url=www.this-is-a-rather-long-link.com]short text[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.