Advice Request McAfee has behavioral blocking? Someone tested it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
It utilizes both cloud and the client but someone has to test it first to see whether its offline scanning mode is enabled or not on home user products..

Screenshot_2021-05-02 8 PNG (PNG Image, 1920 × 1080 pixels).png

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Thanks @EndangeredPootis
And do you know where I can find the full list and explanation of McAfee technologies ?

They provide too little information to say, but they almost certainly use the same technologies as other AV's, like BB, herustics, ML, etc.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
According to my experience, McAfee home products and McAfee enterprise products (MES) sometimes detect one same sample differently.

As for behavioral blocker, I think home product has online Real Protection, but it does not have enhanced remediation and dynamic application containment that MES has. I'm not sure if home products have exploit prevention and Real Protection technology that works offline.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.