Advice Request McAfee real protect after running Stinger?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Just saw this in my tray
1658949081328.png
1658949091227.png

Anyone seen it before?

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Anyone seen it before?
Sure have, and it also creates services that you can't get removed without run their own full product uninstall tool.

Personal I wouldn't fiddle with it nowadays because it exist other much better tools, and this one is also a Beta version. They literally spell it out:
McAfee makes no guarantees about this product

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Yup, it has been around for a while. It is a tool that analyzes malicious behaviour in the background. If you don't want to use it, you can simply remove it when clicking on the tray-icon.
Thanks for mentioning it again. Might be worth testing @Shadowra :)

I don't know if it's worth it, I'll test it solo first and I'll tell you that :)

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
I don't know if it's worth it, I'll test it solo first and I'll tell you that :)
I tested it a couple months ago, it was mediocre and didnt catch any malicious scripts, and it was slow at actually reacting and removing to the threats it detected, often after they had done their damage, which included ransomware which it only reacted to after all files had been encrypted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.