Battle Mcafee Total or Eset Internet Security

Compare list
Mcafee Total or Eset Internet Security

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I think Eset is better. But, it needs to be configured for better results. You can use these two guides:
Also make a rule to protect directories with important documents, it's not difficult:

You can also increase the detection levels in the settings, enable advanced heuristics, and optionally enable telemetry to help everyone else. :)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Out of these two, ESET in terms of protection, performance, configurability, less false positives. McAfee is cheaper though and I think they offer unlimited devices with their license.
enable advanced heuristics
Actually, you don't need to enable this particular feature for real-time protection. By default, advanced heuristics are automatically applied when a file is executed and manually scanned. Enabling it for the on-access scan may reduce performance though I have never faced any performance issue.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
ESET for sure, especially when compared to McAfee Consumer Products (McAfee Enterprise Solutions give you more protection against ransomware).
I‘m testing McAfee now and my position has changed. I would say it has been improved a lot. I'm quite impressed with McAfee's Real Protect technology as it can effectively block never-before-seen threats and roll back the damage they cause. However, Artemis is still prone to producing false positives.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I will answer objectively.

McAfee : Good web filtering, very good AI (Artemis / JTI) but lagging behind in malware detection, no defense against unknown malware and very very heavy !

Eset: Very high malware detection (much more than McAfee), very light, Machine Learning AI that is improving.

=> ESET :)

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
I will answer objectively.

McAfee : Good web filtering, very good AI (Artemis / JTI) but lagging behind in malware detection, no defense against unknown malware and very very heavy !

Eset: Very high malware detection (much more than McAfee), very light, Machine Learning AI that is improving.

=> ESET :)
very good AI (Artemis / JTI)
I don't think Artemis and JTI are AI-powered.
no defense against unknown malware
It is not true.
very very heavy
It is not true. McAfee consumer products only scan files when they are accessed.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.