The Cog in the Machine

Level 23
Verified
I wish someone would do a Gamer security test, since it's using their cloud Micro AV and no one seems to know if that offers comparable protection.
I have Bullguard Internet Security installed on every gaming device at home. Its system impact is trivial. Regarding McAfee's Micro AV, though I have not used it, I do not think it will be impressive. Their other offerings (Internet Security and Total Security) offer great protection and they are very very light. McAfee has improved a lot.

ErzCrz

Level 6
Verified
Good results. I had McAfee for a year. It's improved a lot and was fairly light. The browser addons for stopping video auto play and site advistor for blocking malicious/phishing sites was quite good. The speed boost is meant to prioritize resource heavy software and seemed to work seamlessly all in all. I'd get it again though these days I rely on built-in protection and H_C.

ErzCrz

Level 6
Verified
WebAdvisor relies on yahoo search engine (or only a specific, limited # of search engines) IIRC so your browsing history is up for grabs. I don't know if it's changed but that's how it was a couple of years ago when I used it.
Yeah, I forgot about that though you have the option to show results for any search engine and change it back to what you want.