App Review McAfee total protection 2.4.2020 testing

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I wish someone would do a Gamer security test, since it's using their cloud Micro AV and no one seems to know if that offers comparable protection.

I have Bullguard Internet Security installed on every gaming device at home. Its system impact is trivial. Regarding McAfee's Micro AV, though I have not used it, I do not think it will be impressive. Their other offerings (Internet Security and Total Security) offer great protection and they are very very light. McAfee has improved a lot.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Good results. I had McAfee for a year. It's improved a lot and was fairly light. The browser addons for stopping video auto play and site advistor for blocking malicious/phishing sites was quite good. The speed boost is meant to prioritize resource heavy software and seemed to work seamlessly all in all. I'd get it again though these days I rely on built-in protection and H_C.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
WebAdvisor relies on yahoo search engine (or only a specific, limited # of search engines) IIRC so your browsing history is up for grabs. I don't know if it's changed but that's how it was a couple of years ago when I used it.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
WebAdvisor relies on yahoo search engine (or only a specific, limited # of search engines) IIRC so your browsing history is up for grabs. I don't know if it's changed but that's how it was a couple of years ago when I used it.
Yeah, I forgot about that though you have the option to show results for any search engine and change it back to what you want.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.