Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: My new Desktop

biozfear said:
Should be fine for gaming, depending on the games you play. I would assume it is quite silent no?

The gfx card aint overclocked at all am I correct?

No graphic card is not overclocked and the sound is actually quite quiet. The games I play on it are COD 1.1 and 3 Minecraft and was going to go and buy Skyrim.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: .:McLovin's Dekstop Rig:.

Update:
  • Mother board died, so using my laptop.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

McLovin said:
Update:
  • Mother board died, so using my laptop.

Then you need to buy a new one, so take all the components out. You need to buy a motherboard that has 1155 socket.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Yeah, went out today and got one that was close to the same as the one that died.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Update:
  • Got a motherboard and now I'm using that desktop again. :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
change the memory to ddr instead of single-channeled ram

the next thing you can upgrade is the storage - from hdd to ssd. I recommend 128GB or higher. Samsung's 830 ssd are not the fastest but they do perform well and they are reliable.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.