Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Merry Christmas all:)
Since 23 December 2016 when I try to open a Word or Excel document I get an error message : "Memory not enough".
Mémoire3.PNG Mémoire4.PNG
Two days earlier I have a similar message when I was on Internet (Chrome), but I did not try to open Office documents and I can continue to use my PC and Internet after closing Chrome and restart it.
Mémoire1.PNG
On my system I have 32 Go of RAM and the problem persists even if all other programs are closed.
Can someone help me ?
Thank you:)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hello, Merry Christmas !

In task manager, only 11 % of you memory is used, certainly not too much.
What version of MS Office are you using ?
After closing all Google processes + Excel and Word, and trying to re open a single Excel or Word file, Is the same problem occur ?
How much space is left on you HD ?
------
Dans le gestionnaire de tache, seulement 11 % de la mémoire est utilisée, ce qui n'est pas beaucoup, donc ce n'est surement pas à l'origine du problème. Il te reste combien de mémoire sur le disque dur ? Quelle version d' Office utilises-tu ? Tu as beaucoup de processus Google ouverts : quand tu les fermes tous (fermes aussi Excel et word), et que tu essais avec Excel ou Word, as-tu le même problème ?
Il te reste combien d'espace libre sur ton Disque dur ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello, Merry Christmas !

In task manager, only 11 % of you memory is used, certainly not too much.
What version of MS Office are you using ?
After closing all Google processes + Excel and Word, and trying to re open a single Excel or Word file, Is the same problem occur ?
How much space is left on you HD ?
------
Dans le gestionnaire de tache, seulement 11 % de la mémoire est utilisée, ce qui n'est pas beaucoup, donc n'est surement pas à l'origine du problème. Il te reste combien de mémoire sur le disque dur ? Quelle version d' Office utilises-tu ? Tu as beaucoup de processus Google ouverts : quand tu les fermes tous (fermes aussi Excel et word), et que tu essais avec Excel ou Word, as-tu le même problème ?
Il te reste combien d'espace libre sur ton Disque dur ?
Joyeux Noël et merci @DardiM :)
The problem persists even with all programs closed:(
I'm using Office 2013
I think I have on enough place on my HD:
Mémoire7.PNG

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
It's not a memory issue obviously because you have a million of that. What security software do you use?
I see avast and malwarebytes. Disable them one by one and see if that fixed the problem. I would start with malwarebytes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
It might just be a Microsoft 'bug/feature' Ive been getting this self-same message a number of times on my work laptop, which has a massive 12GB of RAM. Like you I use Office 2013. There were some updates to Office 2013 recently (07/12/2016) which might have caused it. My work machine is Windows 7, but my home is Windows 10 and that doesn't seem to have the issue. Its probably just Microsoft trying to get you to upgrade;)

Upvote 0

Hello,
Merry Christmas all:)
Since 23 December 2016 when I try to open a Word or Excel document I get an error message : "Memory not enough".
View attachment 128559 View attachment 128560
Two days earlier I have a similar message when I was on Internet (Chrome), but I did not try to open Office documents and I can continue to use my PC and Internet after closing Chrome and restart it.
View attachment 128561
On my system I have 32 Go of RAM and the problem persists even if all other programs are closed.
Can someone help me ?
Thank you:)

Check your system's virtual memory settings. A virtual memory setting that has gotten messed up somehow can boink all system operations or cause weird behaviors. Set it to allow Windows to self-manage.

Run Windows memory diagnostics tool.

Did you have recent file infector\malware infection ?

If yes, then it could be damage caused by the infection. I don't think so as I would expect the issue to specific to a particular program. For example, old Nimda worm caused something similar when it messed with Microsoft Office on network shares. LOL... ancient Nimda. Yours seems to involve other programs.

Just some obvious things to consider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It's not a memory issue obviously because you have a million of that. What security software do you use?
I see avast and malwarebytes. Disable them one by one and see if that fixed the problem. I would start with malwarebytes.
Hi @SHvFl
As asked I try to disable Avast, Malwarebytes, and both without success:(

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Check your system's virtual memory settings. A virtual memory setting that has gotten messed up somehow can boink all system operations or cause weird behaviors. Set it to allow Windows to self-manage.

Run Windows memory diagnostics tool.

Did you have recent file infector\malware infection ?

If yes, then it could be damage caused by the infection. I don't think so as I would expect the issue to specific to a particular program. For example, old Nimda worm caused something similar when it messed with Microsoft Office on network shares. LOL... ancient Nimda. Yours seems to involve other programs.

Just some obvious things to consider.
Hello @Jeff_T - Testing Group
No I did not have recent know infection, I just try to run a scan with HitmanPro + Malwarebytes + Avast and my system seems clean.
Please can you explain to me how I can run "Windows Memory diagnostic tool" ?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.