Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Merry Christmas all:)
Since 23 December 2016 when I try to open a Word or Excel document I get an error message : "Memory not enough".
Mémoire3.PNG Mémoire4.PNG
Two days earlier I have a similar message when I was on Internet (Chrome), but I did not try to open Office documents and I can continue to use my PC and Internet after closing Chrome and restart it.
Mémoire1.PNG
On my system I have 32 Go of RAM and the problem persists even if all other programs are closed.
Can someone help me ?
Thank you:)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello @BoraMurdar
Your solution is good but do you have some explanation ?
If I look to the old Office documents already registered on my PC they are not blocked:
View attachment 128583
because they come from a reliable source from your PC
those files which have the button "Unblock" mean the files come from unreliable source (internet)

I have a solution which you can solve it forever without having to unblock every file. I will edit my post later, now I'm searching for pictures

note: this may decrease your security. You can uncheck all of them or just uncheck 1 or 2 of them depend on your usage (I unchecked only the first one. It's fine for me). However, this will work for everything sometimes doesn't work for excel files. I may put extra steps if you need

do this for all office apps

9dxNB0h.png
9dxNB0h.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
those files which have the button "Unblock" mean the files come from unreliable source (internet)

I have a solution which you can solve it forever without having to unblock every file. I will edit my post later, now I'm searching for pictures
Hi @Evjl's Rain
Nice to see you again :) and thanks for your help.
This issue seems less difficult to solve than my previous;)
You are right, I received these files with Email from well known friends, and another downloaded from a secure website.
But it is not the first time I received or download Office files and never had this problem.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi @Evjl's Rain
Nice to see you again :) and thanks for your help.
This issue seems less difficult to solve than my previous;)
You are right, I received these files with Email from well known friends, and another downloaded from a secure website.
But it is not the first time I received or download Office files and never had this problem.
hi @JB007 refresh the page again, I just put the solution :)
if you need some heko, just post it here, we will help

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Also do this if you have the same problem with Excel (only). This solution seems stupid but it does fix the issue (check -> close -> uncheck again). Sometimes you have to do it again
File > Options > Advanced - In General section (go very much down in Advanced), check "Ignore Other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)". Close and re-start the Excel. Uncheck "Ignore Other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)". Close and re-start Excel again. You should not get the error anymore. (Basically, DDE should remain unchecked)

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

note: this may decrease your security. You can uncheck all of them or just uncheck 1 or 2 of them depend on your usage (I unchecked only the first one. It's fine for me). However, this will work for everything sometimes doesn't work for excel files. I may put extra steps if you need

do this for all office apps

9dxNB0h.png
9dxNB0h.png
Hi @Evjl's Rain
Thanks for the detailed explanations.
All is OK for Word, the images are for French people;) :
W1.PNG W2et3.PNG W4et5.PNG
But with Excel I cannot find the last step:(
E1.PNG E2et3.PNG E4et..PNG

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Upvote 0

Hi @Jeff_T - Testing Group
Thanks for your explanations.
I just checked the memory of my PC, I think it's OK but after the restart I cannot find the summary of the check as indicated during the memory scan:confused:
Where can I find this summary ?

You may try the following steps:

a) Under ‘Event Viewer’ expand ‘Windows Log’ and right-click on ‘System’ and click on ‘Find’.

b) Type in ‘MemoryDiagnostics-Results’ and click on ‘Find Next’.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
the option is in "Mode Protege" (8th one)
for excel it's recommended to perform the "Ignore Other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" thingie
Hi @Evjl's Rain
Can you explain a bit more for a newbie like me what is the "Ignore Other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" thingie for Excel ?
Thanks;)

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
You may try the following steps:

a) Under ‘Event Viewer’ expand ‘Windows Log’ and right-click on ‘System’ and click on ‘Find’.

b) Type in ‘MemoryDiagnostics-Results’ and click on ‘Find Next’.
Hello @Jeff_T - Testing Group
Again thanks for your help and kindness.
I apologize but I cannot find the right words in French for typing to search the log:(
Mémoiretest.PNG

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi @Evjl's Rain
Can you explain a bit more for a newbie like me what is the "Ignore Other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" thingie for Excel ?
Thanks;)
I don't know it too :D
what I know about it is: DDE allows the applications to communicate and interact with each others (data and memory)
I don't understand why it causes the problem which prevents excel from opening a file from an unreliable source. I was so angry with it because everything I got came from the internet + Disabling those 3 checkboxes in Protected view couldn't solve the problem totally

I did a thorough google search for a solution and that was what I found :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Again thanks for your help and kindness.
I apologize but I cannot find the right words in French for typing to search the log:(
View attachment 128731

Search online using a French top level domain "How to use Microsoft Memory Diagnostic Tool" and "Microsoft Memory Diagnostic Logs."

Other than that, perhaps there is a French-Canadian here at MT that can assist with the translation.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
If it were me, then I would just clean install the OS and move on.

These sorts of issues have taken me sometimes months to get sorted out. In the end, what I learned after the monumental effort wasn't worth the aggravation.
Do not you think that reinstalling the OS is an extreme solution to solve an issue with a single program ?o_O
If my understanding is good this issue is an Office issue and reinstalling Windows 10 will not solve an Office issue?o_O

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.