Merging Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Emsisoft IS will be merged with Emsisoft AM: Do you like the Emsisoft direction?

• Yes

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I don't mind , Emsisoft surely knows what is better.

Votes: 45 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Seems like Emsisoft never fully recovered from the online armor failed test,guess the Emsisoft anti-malware w/comodo firewall will be next in line to be beat to death ,really think Windows improving has really put the fear of loss revenues in the industry"s players

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo real power is its Hips and sandbox, the FW has nothing special.
Emsisoft one was always EAM and it's BB, Online Armor was an acquisition and despite being an impressive product, it was too complex for average users and its incomes didn't covered its development cost. It's discontinuation isn't related to its efficiency.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Do you remember Emsisofts Internet Security{I like program} statement" New kick ass firewall" I appreciate there extension to there customers,Maybe Im too influenced by the idea"When something dosn't make sense there's a dollar behind it" gl

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Great news about merging EAM with EIS.

Very generous move of them to extend existing EIS licenses. More respect to Emsisoft each day. :)

-51=968-50%=484+968=1452d. :rolleyes:
I had 3 in math when I was in school, but I weren't wrong at the time of posting it, after checking Emsisoft License Center in 2nd. October, 100% precise. :D(y) Live long Emsisoft. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Who know me, can say, Im one of bigest Emsisoft supporters. Im paid customer for 8 years. Brought to Emsisoft many (almost every) of my friends. I strongly believe, decition remove firewall from options is wrong way move. Emsisoft said, W firewall is enough good, then tell me, why Kaspersky, Bitdefender, AVAST, AVG, VIPRE, ESET, Bullguard, Dr.Web, Norton...have own firewall? If is W firewall soo good, why Emsisoft is one of very few security companies, who has removed own firewall. One of best things was, I personaly had never single problem with Emsisoft firewall for years and same was reported from my friends.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft said, W firewall is enough good, then tell me, why Kaspersky, Bitdefender, AVAST, AVG, VIPRE, ESET, Bullguard, Dr.Web, Norton...have own firewall? If is W firewall soo good, why Emsisoft is one of very few security companies, who has removed own firewall.
What few people doesn't know, is that every firewalls or softwares that filter/monitor traffic on Windows use Windows Filtering Platform (WFP):

With the WFP API, developers can implement firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus programs, network monitoring tools, and parental controls.

Then they just their features on top, and call it "our own" Firewall.
So using an analogy, they are all different shiny cars with the same motor. Now i can understand that people prefer a car with nicer design and options that a classic family one. ;)

If you want a real 3rd party Firewall, use something like pfSense.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Umbra i see you are before a great CFW fan. From your view point CFW does not aport nothing to EAM? It have overlap functions?

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
For me segmentation is no good, unless could be mantained in optimal shape.
I prefer one product more curated, than 3 products abandoned with few updates like other vendors.
So maybe a good choice.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Umbra i see you are before a great CFW fan. From your view point CFW does not aport nothing to EAM? It have overlap functions?
Yes i was, my problem with Comodo isn't its feature (HIPS, BB, sandbox) quite excellent and that can complement nicely EAM (as it did before with my famous CIS+ EAM combo) but an old unsolved bug that is really annoying for advanced users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.