Merging Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Emsisoft IS will be merged with Emsisoft AM: Do you like the Emsisoft direction?

• Yes

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I don't mind , Emsisoft surely knows what is better.

Votes: 45 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
got my license converted however no increase in validity for key won in giveaway
increase will be reflected after 1st October 2017
Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah even in my case. They said that giveaway keys are a special case and they don't provide the same benefits the paid keys offer.
Are you sure? Mine was also a key from MalwareTips giveaway but it seems that it was increased.

if I hover above the X days left, a notification appears stating 'license begins: 12/26/2016 - license end: 4/6/2018'
It's supposed to be a 1-year license(unless I'm misremembering).

I even stated it was a key from a giveaway when I send them an email to convert it into a EAM key.

Reactions: frogboy

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah even in my case. They said that giveaway keys are a special case and they don't provide the same benefits the paid keys offer.
From where did you get that? You are wrong there, giveaway keys are covered. All keys are vetted by Emsisoft. If your EIS did not get covered then send an email to Emsisoft support about it. Come the deadline all EIS will be added to the additional months. This is outrageous! Send an email to them, quote the giveaway/contest you have won your EIS license and state your wish to have it converted or ask if at the start of the Oct 2017 deadline all will be converted and added the additional months promised..unless you have not yet installed EIS and used your win key...Emsisoft support is superb and I do not believe that they will not help you out. Their support is proven! Send them a support email, ask for Thomas Ott and he will help you out. Check out the links below and report back here.

Emsisoft | Contact Us
support@emsisoft.com

Emsisoft support has been always attentive to all support issues I can attest to that. We(I and them) may not always agree on some points (through the years) but the commitment to the user on support issues is always superb.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
before requesting merging of EAM converted license and another EAM license.
It is EIS - Emsisoft Internet Security license that is the issue of conversion.

EAM - Emsisoft AntiMalware licenses stays the same.

You are talking about an entirely DIFFERENT scenario and not the stated EIS conversion to EAM. Take note this is only for in-use/active EIS licenses.
Not active by October 2017 is not covered.

October 1st, 2017:
Existing Emsisoft Internet Security software will directly update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware version 2017.9 and the remaining license period will be extended as described below. No manual actions required.

To compensate for the already paid higher product price, we will extend all active Emsisoft Internet Security license periods by 50%. E.g. if you have 1 year left on your license, it will change to 1.5 years for free.

They do not merge licenses as a rule. In some cases they may have obliged but that is based on more than just a request substantiated or not. In the end it is they (Emsisoft) who will have the last say. Do not post such as it will confuse readers especially that you are talking about a different scenario entirely.

Emsisoft has a great support team. I will vouch for them!

You were requesting something different because you may have licenses that are shelved for whatever purpose you do it. You may have more to handle thus the request to merge them which is again entirely different from the EIS conversion EAM due to the "Merging of Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft AntiMalware".

In general, giveaway licenses should be used when you have received it because it will get void when it expires. Emsisoft licenses these days (my own experience) are given with a date up to which you should activate it or it will be void. It is up to the developer and the giveaway host to inform the winner/readers of this. Here in MT it is understood that you will not shelf it and will use it (may not outrightly use it, but definitely not shelf/trade it) unless otherwise specified.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Good practices for Giveaways' winners is to use the license right away, not stockpiling them for later usage.

In the industry, one license is for one machine/system, merging can be done as a gesture to the customer, , not a tacit rule.

Since Giveaways are "offered" licenses, the company concerned can decreet that they are offered "as it" without any option on it. So they must be used on another machine.

In theory, people entering should enter a giveaway because they don't have/know the product and want to use/discover it, not extending existing durations.

I agree with the above comments about Emsisoft, i interacted with them since years and believe me they are the best support team I ever met.
It is the only AV deserving my money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I still remember that @Umbra was one of a few member to use Emsisoft Internet Security over here ;) I wish you a very good luck in everything you are doing bro and it's my high honor to meet you who motivated most of us to install Emsisoft in our system and never go back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.