Troubleshoot Message from Comodo Firewall to change Chrome's settings?

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
i get message's from comodo FW, asking me if i want to change chrome settings. it gave me an advertisement for mcafee.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
i ran hitman pro, emsisoft emergency kit, f-secure, windows defender and webroot.
I get messages from comodo FW, asking me if i want to change chrome settings. it gave me an advertisement for mcafee.
i ran hitman pro, emsisoft emergency kit, f-secure, windows defender and webroot. it seems to happen every time that i turn on chrome.
is this chrome advertising on it's own? if not, how do i get rid of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Try deactivating that..Sorry, it's in Spanish.:giggle:
explorer_2019-02-09_16-20-35.png

Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
This is one of many issues with WebAdvisor:

McAfee Support Community - How to stop WebAdvisor Pop Up at the top of my Chr... - McAfee Support Community

This one gets to the heart of the problem, based on my prior experience with it:

Solved: McAfee Support Community - When WebAdvisor becomes "The Spammer" - McAfee Support Community :devil::devil::alien:

I believe WebAdvisor relies on Yahoo search, and may also include Google search option. Not sure about the latter.

I believe it leaves remnants even if uninstalled, since it is a stand-alone app. :devil::alien:

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.