Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Source: Simplify and secure your life with Microsoft’s autofill solution for passwords
At Microsoft, we are committed to building products that add to your peace of mind by letting you securely access what you care about, wherever you are. Millions trust us daily to access documents, mails, chats and so much more both on phones and PCs. An area where customers reported they still experience hassles is remembering and managing their passwords. Safely storing and remembering passwords for many sites is hard and leads to customers using unsafe practices like using the same or similar passwords on multiple sites or storing passwords where they can be read or compromised. Today, we are excited to introduce autofill capabilities across devices and platforms, which will solve the hassle of remembering and typing your passwords. Autofill is currently being rolled out on iOS and Android as part of the Microsoft Authenticator app, and on Google Chrome as an Autofill extension.

Autofill and sync your passwords across mobile, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

Autofill stores your passwords under your Microsoft account. To get started with autofill on mobile, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and then sign-in on the Passwords tab with your Microsoft account. If you have passwords saved under your Microsoft account on Microsoft Edge, they will sync to the Authenticator app.

We also heard from customers who use multiple browsers that they need a secure way to access their Microsoft Edge passwords even when they’re browsing on Google Chrome. To address this need, we’ve launched a Microsoft Autofill extension on the Chrome Web Store. Microsoft Autofill extension lets you autofill and save your passwords to your Microsoft account while browsing on Chrome, which ensures your passwords stay in sync no matter where you use them – on your mobile, Microsoft Edge and Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Picture3d-1.gif

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So MS basically made another password manager. I like the overall idea, MS is trustworthy, but since it is made by MS, it will probably never mature to be really usable.
You'd be surprised.
I do disagree with the original post, I use Microsoft, not sure if I trust them though, & I never use any browser for passwords :p:p
Why use Windows, if you're always going to bitch about it being "untrustworthy".

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
For anyone that uses a password manager similar to LastPass, this is useless. Isn't it?
I wouldn't say 100% useless, but close to it if you have any password manager. For me I would say this wouldn't be needed at all. Would much rather stick with my own password managers that I have been using for years before jumping ship.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For anyone that uses a password manager similar to LastPass, this is useless. Isn't it?
Not at all. Apple released iCloud Passwords for Chrome, so I imagine this is great for existing Apple users currently using MS Authenticator on iOS, and or also using Edge for iOS/macOS.

Edit:
You can use any Chromium-based browser and have access to your logins with Microsoft Autofill.

MS Authenticator app with Passwords is an optional extra feature for Microsoft users on iOS and Android.

Last edited:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I really like Sticky Password, they made a lot of changes, and now it just works very well with forms and autofill and not just with passwords, and you can have a free license very easy.

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-07 225813.png

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't feel saying I don't trust MS is anything like bitching whatever that is? I don't overly trust Amazon but I use them daily, better most of the time than the opposition, same with MS, though IMHO MS is less trustworthy than it once was in the 28 years I've used MS products.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.