App Review Microsoft Edge VS Google Chrome

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the analysis video.
Chrome all the way!
A new look-and-feel, engine and provision for scope of addons is just the start.
No matter how much they boast of their engine and their security measures, it will take more improvements in terms of policy, integrations, support and engine to lure the pro-Chrome and pro-FF users.
It did fix a few glitches, it provides basic security by verifying sites and downloaded files, but power users won't find it enough (except the default-deny class.. and newbies).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Base Security : Edge is a bit better because of smartscreen and Appcontainer
Base Performance: Chrome seems a bit faster
Base Customization: Chrome far far far better.

Result: Chrome win

My opinion: use chrome as main browser, Edge as secondary.

ok now you can close the thread, i just gave the ultimate irrevocable truth :p

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016

Your face is irrevocable! There, it has been revoked. Happy Birthday to me.
Never can use Edge even though I'm adaptable enough to use many other browsers just fine.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the analysis video.
Chrome all the way!
A new look-and-feel, engine and provision for scope of addons is just the start.
No matter how much they boast of their engine and their security measures, it will take more improvements in terms of policy, integrations, support and engine to lure the pro-Chrome and pro-FF users.
It did fix a few glitches, it provides basic security by verifying sites and downloaded files, but power users won't find it enough (except the default-deny class.. and newbies).
Thanks fo watching :)

Why would you need a secondary browser? Also I agree with you on the Base Security, Performance & Customization :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Why would you need a secondary browser? Also I agree with you on the Base Security, Performance & Customization :)

Sometimes some pages aren't load properly, so i check if the issue is from Chrome or not.
Also after i do a clean install of the OS and make a backup , i prefer use Edge which has appcontainer by default in case i need to download anything. As said some famous politician "listen folks, security first ! security first !" :p

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Sometimes some pages aren't load properly, so i check if the issue is from Chrome or not.
Also after i do a clean install of the OS and make a backup , i prefer use Edge which has appcontainer by default in case i need to download anything. As said some famous politician "listen folks, security first ! security first !" :p
Ok I only use Chrome atm but may switch to Opera Neon if Extensions are added :p

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Well, thanks for a video again. About browser's, i have 3 different browser what i use almost daily. Everyone has its own reasons,,,of course security, privacy reasons. ;)

E: Battle againts Edge vs Chrome; i choose Chrome(clone).

Last edited:
Reactions: vemn
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Thread author
Edge is slower at loading pages and not so customizable like Chrome with more add-ons.
My main is Chrome, my second is Vivaldi.
You are the second Vivaldi user that i find somewhere in some forums... so i have a question for you. :D Have you managed to get the search autocomplete to work for Google in the address bar? :(
Edit: The previous one couldn't answer me. ;)
Ok I only use Chrome atm but may switch to Opera Neon if Extensions are added :p
Tried Opera Neon, i didn't find it as useful and easy to use, although it is a new way to browse. I liked Vivaldi and the standard Opera more.

Reactions: vemn
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@MalwareBlockerYT any idea of why Edge did this really good result in the phishing department here, and in your Windows defender test it completely failed?
Because of Smartscreen; which is the most powerful security feature in Windows 8/10.

Youtester often disable Smartscreen while testing WD, and they don't download malwar from the test system but from another one .

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Because of Smartscreen; which is the most powerful security feature in Windows 8/10.

Youtester often disable Smartscreen while testing WD, and they don't download malwar from the test system but from another one .
He didn't disable smartscreen here, but terrible result in phishing

Reactions: Nikotin75

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.