Microsoft has stopped the spread of Windows Update 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
For those who use English as a 2nd or 3rd.. language, the title sentence is written in a way that you would often talk about a plague, a rash, a disease...
Please forgive me for such a title. But I immediately wrote that all the news translated online translator.
At the time of publication of the news, it was not on the Internet, ie we are the first who reported it on the Internet. Specially monitored a large number of sites and search engines.
I wanted to share the news with you (MalwareTips) first. Since such a bad translation, then I will no longer publish such translations.

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_7 октября 2018 г._22h51m19s_002_.jpg
    Ashampoo_Snap_7 октября 2018 г._22h51m19s_002_.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 287
Reactions: Weebarra
E

Eddie Morra

Make a WORK folder in the root directory, or make two partition to store your files.
You could always just backup important documents externally on offline removable storage. If you aren't making proper backups then you're pretty much asking to get "wrecked by Windows updates m8".

Nowadays, there's more chance of getting toasted by Windows Update than ransomware.

We should make "Borkware" a thing. Get your lady a "borkware-proof backup" so she doesn't get fired after her Windows work laptop does an update.

You could always just backup important documents externally on offline removable storage. If you aren't making proper backups then you're pretty much asking to get "wrecked by Windows updates m8".

Nowadays, there's more chance of getting toasted by Windows Update than ransomware.

We should make "Borkware" a thing. Get your lady a "borkware-proof backup" so she doesn't get fired after her Windows work laptop does an update.

@Vendula Kubová - would you please PM me. I have questions about AMSI hidden settings stuff. I know you have some knowledge of online discussions about that stuff.

Reactions: Eddie Morra

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Actually, support forums are filled with people, who can not access their files, because Windows Defender is holding them hostage. Sounds familiar?

BTW, MS made me to re-think the location of my documents. From now on, I remove documents and create symlink to ramdisk, what could be safer?!
Code:
rd "%USERPROFILE%\Documents"
mklink /d "%USERPROFILE%\Documents" "Z:\Documents"
md "Z:\Documents"

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
@SHvFl cool, so it is a confirmed bug, guess the insiders missed it, maybe they just run Windows as admin LOL
My guess is they accidentally pushed out a previous RTM build instead of the patched final build. Microsoft needs to stop push out these betas. With every new build we have to start from scratch and it takes 6 months to get rid of all the bugs, then new build and the cycle repeats itself. They're creating their own problems.

D

Deleted member 178

Actually, support forums are filled with people, who can not access their files, because Windows Defender is holding them hostage. Sounds familiar?

BTW, MS made me to re-think the location of my documents.
It is what I do since ages, my docs are always on another partition/disk.
The C drive is just for the system files.

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
They said they'd be able to recover lost data and that people who lost theirs should more or less stop using their machines. :) The article's over here.

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
I had a clean install and found no problems at all with Windows 1809. Just clean install. Don't update!

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I think Microsoft testing department has become lazy, which is the only reason i can think of after seeing such news.

E

Eddie Morra

Great news...Windows like ransomware kills private data...everybody are happy
Wait a few weeks and Microsoft will update the available job positions.

The new website will have new opportunities such as... "Looking for a seasoned ransomware developer with fast-paced learning abilities"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.