Microsoft in talks to buy Discord for $10b+

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft is in discussions with Discord to acquire the gaming-focused chat software for more than $10 billion, according to sources talking to Bloomberg. Xbox chief Phil Spencer is said to be talking to Discord about the potential deal.

VentureBeat reported earlier today that Discord was exploring a $10 billion-plus sale after multiple potential buyers expressed interest, and that it had signed an exclusive acquisition discussion with one party, suggesting a deal could be close. Bloomberg’s sources say the deal isn’t imminent, however, with one person saying Discord would be more likely to take itself public than seek an acquisition.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Oh no!

edit:
RIH00z6.png

maybe he/she is right :unsure:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Was this confirmed though?

This all started with VentureBeat saying "they could" as in suggestive sense and Bloomberg and co went wild reading that like a fat kid in a burgerjoint. I haven't seen a official thing from either party about.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Skype lost popularity due to youth these days using way more Smartphone than PC, it got surpassed by WhatsApp, even Facebook does video calls. it has nothing to do with Microsoft, Microsoft didn't ruin Skype.
I was already using Skype before it got bought by Microsoft, I still use it and I don't think it got worse. It's still Skype.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Was this confirmed though?

This all started with VentureBeat saying "they could" as in suggestive sense and Bloomberg and co went wild reading that like a fat kid in a burgerjoint. I haven't seen a official thing from either party about.

No idea, they are just discuss...

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Updates

Earlier this week, we reported that Discord has been looking for a buyer and that Microsoft is in talks with the company for a potential acquisition.

Now, a new report from The Wall Street Journal claims that the Redmond giant is planning to close the deal by next month. According to WSJ, Microsoft is in exclusive talks with Discord and is planning to close the deal for over $10 Billion by next month.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Discord has reportedly rejected Microsoft’s $10 billion offer:
We reported a few weeks ago that Microsoft was trying to acquire Discord, and was offering $10 billion ($3 billion more than the company’s $7 billion valuation).

It seems this was not enough of a premium in today’s hot IPO market, and according to the Wall Street Journal, Discord has rejected Microsoft’s offer, and will be choosing to float the company instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.