Advice Request Microsoft issues second 'final' Windows 7 update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Microsoft has issued a fresh update for Windows 7, just days after it said it would provide no more patches for the ageing operating system.

It made the U-turn after it emerged there was a bug in its "final" patch.

It caused "wallpaper issues" for users who configured their computers with the stretch option for their background desktop, causing a plain black screen to be shown when Windows was restarted.
Source(full read)-Microsoft issues second 'final' Windows 7 update

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

"It caused "wallpaper issues" for users who configured their computers with the stretch option for their background desktop, causing a plain black screen to be shown when Windows was restarted. "

Enjoy Win7 users , that is the kind of important updates you will get from now on.

hahahahahaha

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Didn't have these issues on one of my desktop with windows 7. Still enjoying the OS and the cool Aero glass interface (which 10 doesn't have). IMHO there's nothing to scoff or be sarcastic at windows 7 users. They may have various reasons for still using 7 and not upgrading to 10. But yeah over the next couple of years, 7 will be totally dead once the software support begin to end. Till they I'll enjoy my 7. :cool::emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.