Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think the new name should have been windowsTPM.

Looking at the Japanese forums, many people seem to misunderstand that TPM has to be purchased as additional hardware.
This is just a guess on my part, but I don't think either TPM or UEF is that dependent on 11 to work. It is probably Microsoft's intention to use this opportunity to say goodbye to the old hardware environment.

Maybe we can have a TPM Windows version
I made that mistake with @show-Zi šŸ˜Š
I could be a male and female unitšŸ‘¬.
Whatever is easier for you to say.:)

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
I was shocked to see their PC Health check app reports my processor doesn't support Windows 11. My 3 year old laptop has TPM v2.0 and the processor is an i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz. What gives!?

healthcheck.png

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I was shocked to see their PC Health check app reports my processor doesn't support Windows 11. My 3 year old laptop has TPM v2.0 and the processor is an i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz. What gives!?

View attachment 259361
Have you enabled the TPM?

Also, this can be confirmed a little more concretely
WhyNotWin11

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I think the new name should have been windowsTPM.

Looking at the Japanese forums, many people seem to misunderstand that TPM has to be purchased as additional hardware.
This is just a guess on my part, but I don't think either TPM or UEF is that dependent on 11 to work. It is probably Microsoft's intention to use this opportunity to say goodbye to the old hardware environment.

I could be a male and female unitšŸ‘¬.
Whatever is easier for you to say.:)
windowsTPM haha you are funny..

View attachment 259361
Unfortunately Intel 8th gen and above

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Unfortunately Intel 8th gen and above
So this requirement of Microsoft will exclude what percentage of current home and even business users?? Are we looking at the probability of over 70% of current home user and business devices? Shame on Microsoft if this is anything close to these numbers. For example in my case, my 3 year old laptop should NOT have to be replaced to support Windows 11. No other previous windows update version has ever required such a drastic upgrade in hardware to support it.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I expected that my old i7 950 would not pass the requirements,.
1624870668272.png

Ah well. Today I got a compensation day because of all the over hours I made. So I will have a look at some additional security.

Step1: de-install KSF and reduce Boot-Driver policy from 'Good only' to 'Good and unknown'

Step2: Add H_C and return to my 2020 settings (block scripts and enhanced sponsor block with Configure Defender on Max)

Step3: Give Re:HIPS a spin ( here is my ReHips setup link)

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
None of my laptops or my desktop are Windows 11 compatible. I don't buy new hardware if I don't need to so will just stick with Windows 10 (all my devices work perfectly fine with Windows 10) until 2025 and beyond. I've not seen any new 'must have' features which would encourage me to change that approach... I can live with square corners a little longer ;) When one of my devices eventually fails its replacement, if I choose to replace, will no doubt be bundled with Windows 11 anyway. Must admit to being tempted to giving Linux a spin though anyway.....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.