Microsoft Security Essentials

How would you rate Microsoft Security Essentials 2?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have never tried this product.

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDTatel

Jan 1, 2012
well , i bought Kaspersky anti-virus 2012 like 5 days ago, and i was so angry with it because it is a 2012 anti-virus came on !! why it slow down my PC, i just take the anti-virus and threw it to the garbage ! then i saw this anti-virus from Microsoft, i downloaded it and i am more than happy with it !! Microsoft Security Essentials is my favorite !! :D

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
Tom172 said:
muhammadariif said:
Im not talking about the setting or configuration, i just say, if you want better protection just go with CIS than MSE :rolleyes:

Better protection is dependent on who is using CIS. We've been through this many times, put CIS infront of a novice user and expect problems. MSE makes things simple and straightfroward.
I know, but what happen when the MSE can't detect some of the malware and the user did't know that their computer is infected? CIS not difficult to use but requires a little time to adapt.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
I know, but what happen when the MSE can't detect some of the malware and the user did't know that their computer is infected? CIS not difficult to use but requires a little time to adapt.

Then that is what Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and SuperAntiSpyware is used for.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
what for SuperAntiSpyware? since SuperAntiSpyware didn't good in detection rate and surely all detected by SuperAntiSpyware it will also detected by MBAM and HMP.
^^

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
McLovin said:
muhammadariif said:

Then that is what Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and SuperAntiSpyware is used for.
Why choose MSE?, you can get better software for free and better protection:huh: CIS can work better even you leave it in default setting right?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
Why choose MSE?, you can get better software for free and better protection:huh: CIS can work better even you leave it in default setting right?

We have all said that Microsoft Security Essentials is good for people that would like to install an AV and stay protected with out doing anything, Comodo on the other hand is more for advanced users. Yes you can leave Comodo on default setting but if you got Comodo you must know how an AV works to get an advanced AV Suite. So if you have know idea what you are doing with and AV and just want to be protected then go for MSE.

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
McLovin said:
muhammadariif said:

We have all said that Microsoft Security Essentials is good for people that would like to install an AV and stay protected with out doing anything, Comodo on the other hand is more for advanced users. Yes you can leave Comodo on default setting but if you got Comodo you must know how an AV works to get an advanced AV Suite. So if you have know idea what you are doing with and AV and just want to be protected then go for MSE.
anyway i like Internet Security than antivirus:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
ALL things is back to our common sense.
want giving challenge to AVs programs like go to malicious links or run malicious software?
if NOT, you should have good common sense. if yes, use GREAT AVs with Highest detection rate, and forget about common sense (rely on your AVs).
it will not make sense. since, no one AVs CAN 100% can protect system from malwares. it fact. all is have little vulnerable, no one perfect and no one can guarantee 100% secure. even Internet security suite. so, we can not blaming Antivirus programs.

sorry long words. but, I want give more details about people talk at this thread.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks guys :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Your Common Sense is what helps you make great choices and it's up to your security setup to keep you protected and then it's your knowledge that helps you keep wary with what's happening within the Internet.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I think, knowledge will helps in great choices for security setup.
then, common sense helps you keep wary with what's happening within the Internet (it means , don't rely on AVs program)
In my opinion. both of them is not a BIG different.

this tip from our member (Mtips)
Eou0M.png

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Let's just keep it this way. Both common sense and knowledge helps you keep aware of what's happening and helps you make great choices for a security setup at the same time. It works for me. :p

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Okay back to topic.
this is MSE review.
I dont likes MSE because; slow when removing threats.

thanks Guys and especially Justin for review MSE.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well the new MSE Beta was good at removing them.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
MSE is very good, but as a one of the layers of security setup ;)

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I never tried Microsoft Security Essentials...

From free antivirus I know only Avast, Avira, Clam AV (once I install it in Spyware Terminator).

From commercial antivirus I know AVG, Avira, NOD32, Norton Internet Security and Returnil System Safe Pro (with F-Prot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.