Microsoft Starts the Most Aggressive Windows 10 Upgrade Campaign

Sep 26, 2015
thanks for the info very interesting, I don't want to install windows 10 at least until I know exactly how to stop the privacy probs and other issues there may be like the using peoples internet to update other peoples, I don't know enough about it or how to stop things yet, does anyone know how to stop it installing on the automatic updates I just don't want it on my computers and I don't have much storage space on two to download unwanted files. thanks for helping the divvy one. xxx

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Anyone noticed this cute kitty? :oops:

Ok, back to topic. Agree on Win10 being a nice OS, for free it's even better. I also love the move to those cumulative updates (remember times when performing a fresh install caused hours of update loading and installing - even if you got some "update pack" from known sites).
But I agree that their advertisement goes to far maybe, everyone should have their choice of which OS to employ, especially regarding applications not ready for 10 (had this bitter experience too, but it was when they launched the final).
Regarding privacy, maybe I worry to less, but if someone is interested in your (big) data, they will find a way to get it. And personal informations are sold by almost every company (i guess).

OC-Rat11

Level 1
Nov 16, 2015
I hear you guys. Everybody that I talk to is sick and tired of MS's nagware for their most privacy intrusive OS.

However, I've heard on the Security Now! podcast about a free utility called GWX Control Panel. I've downloaded it and it's working like a charm for me. It essentially kills the constant nagging reminders from MS and it also deletes files already downloaded, etc.

Ultimate Outsider: Using GWX Control Panel to Permanently Remove the 'Get Windows 10' Icon

Read about it first and decide if you want to download. For a lot of people, it's what the doctor ordered.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Same though of a related articles with little revision on the information.

Of course some users may think as a tiring news, but we should aware that Windows 10 does that plan since the expiration for free upgrade will be on July 2016 and when expired hence expect complaints of having another second chance to implement.

People nowadays are not comfortable on the issues they take.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.