Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
It folds, but the screen isn't foldable. It sort of fits in your pocket. It has a camera. And it makes phone calls—but don't you dare call it a phone.
Read more here:
Introduction video:

plat1098

Level 9
Verified
I sort of like this. I sort of wonder how much it's going to cost. But if you have to ask, you probably sort of can't afford it. I like the mini workstation concept a LOT, it's pictured sort of 2/3 of the way down the article. Thanks for sharing, Gandalf_The_Grey, sort of. :LOL:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
A write up of all announced at Microsoft Surface fall 2019 event:
Enough new Surface and Windows news to make your head spin.
And especially for @plat1098 : Introducing the Surface Neo:

I sort of like this. I sort of wonder how much it's going to cost. But if you have to ask, you probably sort of can't afford it. I like the mini workstation concept a LOT, it's pictured sort of 2/3 of the way down the article. Thanks for sharing, Gandalf_The_Grey, sort of. :LOL:
2 screens = the price of 2 high-end phones or more.

On the same note, I bet the Lenovo folding tablet PC ends up being priced at $2500+. With fully featured being priced at $3000+. I have no doubt about such prices.

The stink of such thin hardware is that they are so thermally constrained, that one is foolishly wasting their money if they opt for the latest-greatest CPUs and intend to regularly use such devices under load. The form factor means all the CPU potential is never realized. You can undervolt. Use cooling solutions. But no matter what you do, all that power can never be realized and your money is wasted.

Last edited by a moderator: