Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It folds, but the screen isn't foldable. It sort of fits in your pocket. It has a camera. And it makes phone calls—but don't you dare call it a phone.
Read more here:
Introduction video:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I sort of like this. I sort of wonder how much it's going to cost. But if you have to ask, you probably sort of can't afford it. I like the mini workstation concept a LOT, it's pictured sort of 2/3 of the way down the article. Thanks for sharing, Gandalf_The_Grey, sort of. :LOL:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
LG makes incredible hardware. Too bad their software never gets updated.

Reactions: Venustus

I sort of like this. I sort of wonder how much it's going to cost. But if you have to ask, you probably sort of can't afford it. I like the mini workstation concept a LOT, it's pictured sort of 2/3 of the way down the article. Thanks for sharing, Gandalf_The_Grey, sort of. :LOL:

2 screens = the price of 2 high-end phones or more.

On the same note, I bet the Lenovo folding tablet PC ends up being priced at $2500+. With fully featured being priced at $3000+. I have no doubt about such prices.

The stink of such thin hardware is that they are so thermally constrained, that one is foolishly wasting their money if they opt for the latest-greatest CPUs and intend to regularly use such devices under load. The form factor means all the CPU potential is never realized. You can undervolt. Use cooling solutions. But no matter what you do, all that power can never be realized and your money is wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My contacts say that Chief Product Officer Panos Panay informed some of his team internally today, April 8, that Microsoft wouldn't be delivering its own Surface Neo dual-screen 10X devices this calendar year. In addition, Microsoft also won't be enabling third-party dual-screen Windows devices to ship with 10X in calendar 2020, I hear.

Microsoft's new priority is to get Windows 10X on single-screen devices first -- which could be good news for those who were hoping that Microsoft's 10X push might help the company in its Chromebook-compete effort. (Single-screen devices means both 2-in-1-type form factors and traditional clamshell-type devices.)

I am hearing Microsoft is not saying that it plans to delay its Android-based Surface Duo to some time beyond this holiday season.

I asked Microsoft for comment, but a spokesperson said the company had nothing to share.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
UPDATED NEWS - Everything we know about the Microsoft Surface Duo so far

Reports of an 'all-day battery life'.
Preorders usually open a couple of weeks before general availability, and I'm told general availability should be sometime during the week of August 24th.
According to my sources, Surface Duo will ship with a Snapdragon 855, 6GB RAM, and up to 256GB storage. It will feature a single 11MP camera sensor above the right display that will be used for both front and rear-facing photos and videos. The displays themselves are AMOLED panels with a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch.

I'm also told that Surface Duo will ship with a 3460mAh battery, which contacts have said is able to get Surface Duo through the day, but don't expect an endurance champ. It'll feature USB-C fast charging, but I hear that current test units do not have wireless charging or NFC capabilities. It also won't support 5G, maxing out at 4G LTE speeds instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.