Advice Request Microsoft Surface Pro 7

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Do you think it is worth getting or no because it runs Window 10 ? Will not be using it for games just surfing, video, and email mainly.

I know it is not a very good tablet but a pretty good laptop.

Yes the new Surface Pro 8 comes out soon.

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
or no because it runs Window 10 ?
All Microsoft products run Windows (or compatible-with).. As far as I know, Windows 10 S is only on the Surface Go / 2 models.

You can look up online about existing issues with Surface hardware.

Looking at the Surface you will find:
  • Screen size - what is QHD 12.3" and will it affect yours eyes vs larger display
  • Limited RAM options - starts with 4GB RAM. For anything long term and you will need at least 8GB.
  • Limited Storage options - starts at 128GB and only 75% available for your data.
  • Price - starts at $750 for the base 4GB model, and up to $2300 for top spec, not including accessories.

For web, video and email, there are more reasonable options:
  • Windows Laptops (with keyboard) by other manufacturers.
  • Chromebook (check expiration date) and if you are OK with Google's privacy.
  • Feeling Lucky? iPad.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
All Microsoft products run Windows (or compatible-with)..

You can look up online about existing issues with Surface hardware.

Looking at the Surface you will find:
  • Screen size - what is QHD 12.3" and will it affect yours eyes vs larger display
  • Limited RAM options - starts with 4GB RAM. For anything long term and you will need at least 8GB.
  • Limited Storage options - starts at 128GB and only 75% available for your data.
  • Price - starts at $750 for the base 4GB model, and up to $2300 for top spec, not including accessories.

For web, video and email, there are more reasonable options:
  • Windows Laptops (with keyboard) by other manufacturers.
  • Chromebook (check expiration date) and if you are OK with Google's privacy.

Thanks that helps a lot!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I added extra info:
"As far as I know, Windows 10 S is only on the Surface Go / 2 models."
"Feeling Lucky? iPad."

Windows 10 S is a limited version of the OS that is limited to the Store apps.

iPad screens may be smaller, but it's UI is built about touch, whereas Windows is not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.