Microsoft unveils new Windows 10 Start Menu with theme-aware tiles

Stopspying

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
'Say goodbye to the blocky Window 10 Start Menu tiles with colored backgrounds and hello to partially transparent theme-aware tiles that look so much nicer.
Earlier this year, Microsoft revealed a sneak peek of the changes they were exploring with the Windows 10 Start Menu and the use of transparent tiles rather than ones with a solid background.
With today's Windows 10 Insider build 20161, Microsoft has finally unveiled the new Start Menu and its transparent tiles.
"We are freshening up the Start menu with a more streamlined design that removes the solid color backplates behind the logos in the apps list and applies a uniform, partially transparent background to the tiles. This design creates a beautiful stage for your apps, especially the Fluent Design icons for Office and Microsoft Edge, as well as the redesigned icons for built-in apps like Calculator, Mail, and Calendar that we started rolling out earlier this year." '

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Trying to think who it was that said transparency in Windows is in the past & old hat, this was when Windows 8 was released ... Thinking hard ... Oh yes I remember Microsoft :unsure::unsure::unsure: The new Start Menu wont really affect me as I always use a replacement (Start 10, Start Is Back etc)

• HaHa
Reactions: Stopspying

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.