Microsoft warns about Windows update fails, UEFI update might be necessary to fix

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Microsoft has updated its Windows Health Dashboard documentation with a new known issue affecting all supported Windows versions from 8.1 to 11 (client and server). According to the company's findings, Windows has a hard time installing the Security update for Secure Boot DBX (KB5012170). An attempt to apply the update results in Windows Update throwing the 0x800f0922 error code.

It is worth noting that the problem affects only the Security update for Secure Boot DBX. The latest cumulative security updates, monthly rollups, and feature changes released on August 9, 2022, should apply without problems. You can check what is new in the August 2022 Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1 in our dedicated articles.

The rest

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Interesting... I run Windows 11 with Secure Boot enabled and encountered that error when recently executing Windows updates. After it initially failed when attempted simultaneously with the other updates I simply retried the installation on its own and it was successful.
I experienced the same thing. It failed a couple of times and then it worked.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Then there is the tripping of BitLocker recovery, which is not currently listed as a known issue. The problem occurs on boot, and bring up the BitLocker Recovery screen into which a user is supposed to enter a key. The depressingly familiar groundswell of grumbling has got under way as a few users have found themselves with unbootable computers unless they can provide the magic key.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.