Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has reminded customers today that multiple editions of Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 1909 are reaching the end of service (EOS) on May 10, 2022.

In a support document, Microsoft says that Windows 10 20H2 (also known as the October 2020 Update) will reach EOS for Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations users.

It's also worth mentioning that Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise editions will reach end of servicing one year later, on May 9, 2023.

Redmond also revealed in a separate announcement that Windows 10 1909 Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise editions would also reach EOS next month (Windows 10 1909 Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations already did last May).

"The May 2022 security update, released on May 10, is the last update available for these versions," Microsoft explained on Friday.
"After that date, devices running these editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates containing protections from the latest security threats."

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Oct 14, 2021
Hi, what do I do after 10 May, I am not sure what version I am running, but it is the latest, what version is that, end of support of Windows 10 Home is still 2025 right?
Please advice.:unsure:

Reactions: amirr and Nevi

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hi, what do I do after 10 May, I am not sure what version I am running, but it is the latest, what version is that, end of support of Windows 10 Home is still 2025 right?
Please advice.:unsure:
No need to worry, You probably running Windows 10 Version 21H2

Bild 002.png

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
No need to worry, You probably running Windows 10 Version 21H2

View attachment 265669
Hello @silversurfer ,
I'm sure that this is not the right place for my post but after reading it I verified my Windows 10 Pro version and I'm still with 21H1.
So I have 2 questions, how can I got 21H2 ? and is it interesting to got 21H2 ?
3.PNG

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hello @silversurfer ,
I'm sure that this is not the right place for my post but after reading it I verified my Windows 10 Pro version and I'm still with 21H1.
So I have 2 questions, how can I got 21H2 ?
Usually it's offered in Windows Settings => Windows Update. There you can see when it's possible as next "Feature Update..."

and is it interesting to got 21H2 ?
I believe, depends what users prefers, if it's most important for OS stability than keep running 21H1 a few months longer, in the meantime Microsoft fixes major issues.
If users wants new features than choose latest version of Windows 10, but even here depends which new features are really useful in users point of view ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.