Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-588.jpeg

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I knew Microsoft was experiencing a great 'awOkening' not long ago. I guess it's permeated through all their products now.

I'll use my Atlantis word processor and, if I need an office function, I've got WPS on standby,

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
More nonsense. And here I thought at work a few weeks ago it was plain ridiculous that we were instructed to not refer to women as "women" but we are now supposed to call a woman "a person who can become pregnant". They also said we can refer to a woman as "someone with the ability to menstruate". It is just plain stupid how far society has gone now.

C.H.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
More nonsense. And here I thought at work a few weeks ago it was plain ridiculous that we were instructed to not refer to women as "women" but we are now supposed to call a woman "a person who can become pregnant". They also said we can refer to a woman as "someone with the ability to menstruate". It is just plain stupid how far society has gone now.

C.H.
Just remember the 72 genders and teach your kids about 72 genders by the time they get your age it will be 720 but it’s fine

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I have this extension called LanguageTool which does something like that. It detects biases in my spelling and grammar and tries to balance them out. It has honestly helped me realize that I gravitate to using language that is more universally understandable. I would love to see them do a similar algorithm to help people change their vocabulary for resumes or academic writing or other occasions. It would be a waste to only focus on this one topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Ah well it also has benefits. Last week I was in Berlin in a restaurant and the men's toilet was occupied by someone who was making awful noises, so I decided to take the woman's toilet. A waiter wanted to stop me, but I told him that I was in my gender transition phase and I told him because the restaurant did not had a special LGTB toilet, I preferred the one which fitted my mental state of mind best.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Ah well it also has benefits. Last week I was in Berlin in a restaurant and the men's toilet was occupied by someone who was making awful noises, so I decided to take the woman's toilet. A waiter wanted to stop me, but I told him that I was in my gender transition phase and I told him because the restaurant did not had a special LGTB toilet, I preferred the one which fitted my mental state of mind best.
If I'm able to do it, I always use the womens toilet. They are almost always nicer, cleaner, and there's not that ammonium stench. Okay big expensive hotels men's room, is usually not stinky, but that's just a matter of pesos.
I don't wanna pay. :cool:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I don't understand why this is a bad idea. English is not my second language and while I'm good at it, I think what always gives me away is that I'm blind to the weight of words that are synonyms. For example: Cute, Adorable, Endearing. Personally I would use them whenever I feel like using them. But there might be occasions where one word is more fitting than the other. I am willing PAY money for some AI to help me with this.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In my case, I don't understand English in detail, so I'm worried that I might use words that would hurt someone without my knowledge.
I speculated that machine translation, such as Google, would be the first to offer such a feature. It may be a bit of a noisy feature for people who use English on a daily basis, but if it doesn't, it's an advantage.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
It's an optional feature. If you don't want it then don't turn it on. I can see its uses if you write something where political correctness is important. English is not my first language and old habits of writing are hard to change. So if I ever need it, I'll turn it on.

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
The (western) world's gone nuts pandering to this nonsense - can't see Microsoft promoting this feature in China, Russia, Middle East or Africa. It'll be interesting to see how Woke Office deals with the French language with its masculine/feminine gender rules too... makes English look quite progressive lol.

Last edited:

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
It's an optional feature. If you don't want it then don't turn it on. I can see its uses if you write something where political correctness is important. English is not my first language and old habits of writing are hard to change. So if I ever need it, I'll turn it on.
Exactly. Meanwhile, the boomers in here are whining like this is an inconvenience for them. Get over yourselves, seriously.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Oh God! Was that you? Sorry about the Mace, I was startled.
In a discussion at work over similar lines I did mention regarding such things you can't have your cake & eat it to which did not go down to well at all as all my colleagues are not male (I think) - I'm 6:4 so easily spotted in a ladies loo, but have empathy: I have 6 sister-in-laws, 2 daughters, 2 daughter-in-laws a wife a mother-law & 5 female 'whatever' grandchildren, & work predominately with the femme variety - I get out whenever I can.

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.