Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
minecraft wont play
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I when to minecraft website to get help but could not figure out anything to fix it
I am attaching a copy of the log file from minecraft about why it wont run. Maybe this laptop is too old and it wont run on it but I am not sure. the log has the computer specs at the bottom of it...

The game was a bday present to my grandson who is 10 I was hoping it would run on this computer.

Attachments

• hs_err_pid2716.log
    23.8 KB · Views: 346

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Could you give me a screenshot of what error you get when trying to load up minecraft?

The log you attached has something with Java I assume.

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
well this is all I get it wont even start
here are the screen shots which the same as
the log I think

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Try with jre7. I am a minecraft mod developer and I notice some issues with jre8.
Update video driver also :)

Reactions: Oxygen
Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
moble 965 express chipset family did undate in device manage and it said it was the best update
I did change to java 7 seemed like it got a little further here is the log now

Attachments

• hs_err_pid4728.log
    27.5 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
but it still will not start
what is the best way to see what graphic card is on the motherboard so I can try another way to
update it?

Upvote 0

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Try a 1.6.4 or below, with that it will work. The issue it is how minecraft works from 1.7. *
You can fix this by adding a graphic card with 128 MB or bigger.
To change the minecraft version just "Edit Profile" and then you have (see my picture)

Attachments

• Minecraft_Version.png
    Minecraft_Version.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 446
Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
That work great !!! my grandson is so excited it is working on that computer and it doesnt even lag.
thank you thank you
he has one question for you, btw he was very impresssed you create mods. He was wondering if there is a site he can
go to, to learn how to creata mod. But he is not computer savey. I am tho

Upvote 0

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Code:
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x286e3e88, pid=2716, tid=1340

Yes, OpenSecLab is right.

If your grandson is interested in modding, he should learn C# (I recommend it as it is a very high-level, type-safe language where you can basically do everything), which will take, if he's average, a year (To read around 1,000 paged book). However, if he knows the basic stuff like an exception, a register, a pointer, a compiler, he won't take longer than six months. Three-two months at best.

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
well I have a background in easy computer languages so I guess I can work with him on learning C+ or is there
an easier practice language I could teach him first? Just for him to get the feel for how programming works
He is only 10 but very interested in creating mods and programs

Upvote 0

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
well I have a background in easy computer languages so I guess I can work with him on learning C+ or is there
an easier practice language I could teach him first? Just for him to get the feel for how programming works
He is only 10 but very interested in creating mods and programs
C++ is a tad too big language. I prefer either C# or Python. I recommend him to read an Introduction to Algorithms by CLRS. By the time he is 12, he will be a master programmer. Perhaps he will become a computer scientist (I am not kidding) if he's interested in computer science. However, it will take him patience. What is your programming background? :D I could get to know your comfort while teaching. Is he interested in self-learning or...?

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
well my programing background in older (remember I am a retired teacher I taught math and some computer science, MY degree is BA in math minor Computer Science) I programmed in Basic, Pascal, some HTML because I could create websites with frontpage and modify them some. LOL told you it was old...probably older than you. oh and I had Fortran...better get out your history books to look them up lol..I am sure I could learn C+ easily. There was one other obscure language I cant remember
Hey I found a website codeacademy.com that teaches python for free...I think that would be a great place to start.
IF I was about 10 years younger I would had gone into IT work and programming

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
So I understand about strings, variables, syntax and what syntax errors are and how to look for them. I was going over that python class at www.codeacademy.com and alot of things came back to me. That will be the perfect place for Caleb to start I think then find more intensive training . He is open to self-learning and/or class or tutoring. He is really hungry to learn so he would be a great student

Upvote 0

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
well my programing background in older (remember I am a retired teacher I taught math and some computer science, MY degree is BA in math minor Computer Science) I programmed in Basic, Pascal, some HTML because I could create websites with frontpage and modify them some. LOL told you it was old...probably older than you. oh and I had Fortran...better get out your history books to look them up lol..I am sure I could learn C+ easily. There was one other obscure language I cant remember
Hey I found a website codeacademy.com that teaches python for free...I think that would be a great place to start.
IF I was about 10 years younger I would had gone into IT work and programming

Yes, I just found out I am half of your age (About to be 34 :D ). Fortran is heavily mathematical. I wouldn't recommend it for a 10 year old. However, I find Learning Python (by Mark Lutz) a great resource for Python. Python is a high-level language and shouldn't take you long to learn. :)

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Yor exactly my son (Caleb's dad age :) ....that is true what about I do both? These younger kids (no you the 10 yr old lol )want it all RIGHT NOW..so if I do both I think it will keep his attention.

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Hey ....I just found a book python for kids on amazon...I think that would be a great place to start woo hoo....Yeah maybe he will become a programmer....and just think we will be the ones to set him on this path..

Upvote 0

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Their is also I read on amazon as recommendation with that other book a book to learn scratch. You think this would be of interest?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.