Periodic malware scanners
Windows Defender
Emisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome x64
HTTPS-Everywhere
Microsoft Edge (using it only for Microsoft sites)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner + CCEnhancer
W10Privacy + own script
Geek Uninstaller
Bitsum Process Lasso Pro (licensed)
Ninite (to update a few programs)
Sysinternals Autoruns
File and Photo backup
Acronis True Image 2016 (licensed)
System recovery
Acronis True Image 2016 (licensed)
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/minerias-gaming-rig.58269/

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Mineria, I'd enjoyed catching up on where your system has been, and to where it's now arrived!!;):p
Your spoilers with disabled services/processes were impressive.

A lighter system is akin to a clean house! Windows 10 native security is what has kept my wife's system safe up until the day before yesterday and it's done a fine job. She's giving Norton a spin now.
A free security software you may already know something about is called VoodooShield. It serves up essential layers of security, and is quite compatible with Windows Defender & Firewall; and we use it on both our Windows 10 systems.:) I particularly like dragging an executable which is then scanned with VoodooShield quite similarly to Virus Total!

You can read more about it here:
Thank you for sharing, and inviting us to share too.:cool:

Last edited:

Mineria

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Hi Cats-4_Owners-2, thanks for the heads up.
I'm taking my chances to run without any additional security layer, still got over 2 years on both CIS and Hitman Pro Alert, and will probably check CIS 10 when it's out of beta, got a few things to throw at it to see if it slows them down, must be in the way they check for registry and file changes, but others security suites do have the same issue, even NIS.
Hitman Pro Alert needs to get it's USB keyboard check fixed, sometimes it even goes crazy when it isn't enabled, must be a bug or several bugs in the code.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank 'You' Mineria, sharing your own :oops:buggy experience with HMP Alert's :eek:keyboard encryption encouraged me in light of how neither of us are alone even in our (seemingly) solitary computing travails! I have chosen not to 'Can' Hitman Pro Alert (yet)o_O as this very morning I tried to use it's encryption feature while logging onto LastPass. Once more, since it did not function, I've disabled it. KeyScrambler (usually kept disabled) filled this role instead; and is indicating encryption of these very letters which I plainly see!:rolleyes: Most often Zemana Antilogger is in place, though I start it manually, plus I like seeing that something is working!;)

I have also been looking longingly toward the good ship Comodo as I've been hearing positive comments and impressions including your most recent here!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.