Monitor Registry Implants

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Is there a Registry monitor out there to find out if stuff was added to the Registry without permission. HiJackThis worked great on my Win 95 System. I now have Win7 64 bit. Anything out there.? Thanks!

Reactions: Kent

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
A tool that I use to make perodic security assessments is Eset Sysinspector. It can be used to compare registry changes, together with a host of various other functions, not the least of which is its ability to rank items according to Eset's heuristics. In this way, you can find suspicious items quickly.

Also, a big advantage over other similar software is that it uses Eset's anti-stealth/rootkit technology. And its free too.

Link: http://www.eset.com/int/support/sysinspector/

Reactions: marg
H

hjlbx

Is there a Registry monitor out there to find out if stuff was added to the Registry without permission. HiJackThis worked great on my Win 95 System. I now have Win7 64 bit. Anything out there.? Thanks!

WinPatrol does monitor the registry - but it is not like some registry monitors that show the user every single registry change that occurs in real time.

Some pure registry monitors will generate so many notifications that they overwhelm the user. Besides, the infos in the notifications are pretty much indecipherable - unless you are the supreme registry guru.

I tried one out once... for about 5 minutes. It was uninstalled in quick order.

In any case, here is link to some:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...-software-security-list-system-monitoring.htm

Registry and file monitoring - towards bottom of page...

Best Regards,

HJLBX

@Cch123 's recommendation (above) is probably what you are looking for - and not a dedicated "pure" registry monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.