Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
That settings disables the automatic schedule RK scan.
But you can't do a manual RK scan, at least not in the free version.
I don't know how important that is... :unsure:
Why scan all the files over and over again when you have scanned them once and you have realtime protection in place?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update: Did an clean install today

Removed:
- removed avg
- removed comodo firewall
- removed syshardener
- removed malwarebytes extension from chrome a time ago aswell
- removed ccleaner aswell

Added
+ Comodo internet security ( proactive security )
and back to comodo dns

edit: i cant complete full scan, the pc will shut down itself ( because of high disk/cpu usage?)

Edit 2: had to configure full scan profile and completed full scan after that without problems

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
- removed cis

+ Replaced with windows defender + comodo firewall

The comodo av is such an cpu/disk hogger so i rather stay with WD

Anyways i think my power suply is slowly getting to end or something because i have gotten a few pc random shut downs

Did an clean install + upgraded drivers, gotta see does it still exist

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Fun fact: my pc were constantly crashing for 3 days, during heavy usage; during comodo scans, during wd scans, even during nvidia driver installing

Decided to do bit of cleaning of my pc, and the cpu cooler were bit unclean, so i cleaned it and my cpu temperatures dropped to half:unsure:(y)

Attachments

• cpuuuu.jpg
    cpuuuu.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 253

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:

Mainbrowser Firefox nightly > Edge
+Edge;
- Nano adblocker ( medium mode)
- Bitwarden ( password manager)

Qwant as search engine

Edge is working fine when using Windows defender, but when using 3rd party antivirus it sometimes just stutter too much (?)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
As much i love edge, im getting this annoying rezizing bug all the time... Reboot will solve it, but its very annoying to have almost daily. Repairing edge wont help
edgebug.png

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
As much i love edge, im getting this annoying rezizing bug all the time... Reboot will solve it, but its very annoying to have almost daily. Repairing edge wont help
View attachment 197967

Edge on my machine does have an annoyance with sizing: when scrolling with left-click, it sometimes will re-size ever so slightly smaller, but not as your example here. And there is the cursor annoyance, where the cursor will randomly jump to a different line of text. It happens, but not often. This one is the most frustrating for me, but hey, MS isn't perfect. This cursor issue I do consider a bug. I still like Edge though.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Edge on my machine does have an annoyance with sizing: when scrolling with left-click, it sometimes will re-size ever so slightly smaller, but not as your example here. And there is the cursor annoyance, where the cursor will randomly jump to a different line of text. It happens, but not often. This one is the most frustrating for me, but hey, MS isn't perfect. This cursor issue I do consider a bug. I still like Edge though.
I like edge too, i just downloaded edge browser to my android last night, sadly its blink engine...i think i have to get second monitor just for edge , otherwise its not working for me half of time :confused:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Same feelings for Edge, love it, but not quite there yet unfortunately.
Using Google Chrome till that time.
I just cant live with the light chrome font, hurts my eyes. Makes any chromium annoying to use

Update:
+Firefox;
- Ublock Origin ( medium mode)
- Netcraft (anti- phishing)
- Bitwarden ( password manager)

Maybe october patch will fix some bugs out from edge

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I praise you for using edge and the willingness of you being patiënt with the devllopment. I myself have completely removed and dissabled it from my machine , many...many moons ago. :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I praise you for using edge and the willingness of you being patiënt with the devllopment. I myself have completely removed and dissabled it from my machine , many...many moons ago. :)
I really dont have high hopes, since they made android app on blink engine, instead of EDGEhtml. I like microsoft and nokia, i love windows. But it seems microsoft is abandoning their projects, even they have loyal customers that are willing to be part of them

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:

+Windows build updated to 1809 > clean install ran after that
+ Forticlient as main antivirus, ATP + web filter installed (disabled anti-exploit since voodooshield is doing that already)
+ Voodooshield Free ( nag screen on startup, doesnt kill me )

+ Firefox as mainbrowser
- Ublock origin
- Nano defender
- Malwarebytes extension
- Netcraft
- Bitwarden

Qwant as search engine; better search results than duckduckgo in my opinion.

Comodo internet security were buggy when installing forticlient webfilter to work with, so i wanted an default deny solution and to swap from comodo firewall so i decided to go with voodooshield free (even i dong like the startup nag screen)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update;

+Windows defender ( running in sandbox)
+Ransomoff
+Syshardener max settings

+ Malwarebytes anti-exploit ( beta) Is it risky bisky to use MBAE as beta product?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.