Usb
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I know its just visual bug, but with ccav i dont have to care about those, couldve aswell installed cis wont make any difference on performance
On performance no but on safety sure yes,you throw off the firewall most important component of Comodo.Also, one tip is to erase the entries of unrecognized files, just in case you don't want to see them.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
On performance no but on safety sure yes,you throw off the firewall most important component of Comodo.Also, one tip is to erase the entries of unrecognized files, just in case you don't want to see them.
Yep, i should go with cis instead

Reactions: stefanos and Nestor

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Alright, first full scan on comodo internet > system shutdown

Also so much useless processes lying around because of not using syshardener.

FML.

Im back to windows defender + syshardener ( max)

Reactions: Black Wings

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
+Kaspersky free antivirus
+Comodo firewall ( cs )

Im back to this setup, its the one wich works without any conflicts. Not that i wouldnt be fine with windows defender, but cf + kaspersky are just over powered and wont slow system down either

No Configure Defender yet? Get the most out of WD. It's a no-brainer! (y)
The antivirus should work , without having to tweak it with external software

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Update:
+Kaspersky free antivirus
+Comodo firewall ( cs )

Im back to this setup, its the one wich works without any conflicts. Not that i wouldnt be fine with windows defender, but cf + kaspersky are just over powered and wont slow system down either

The antivirus should work , without having to tweak it with external software
We have the same config again (y)

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
What's your reason for removing SysHardener & OSArmor?

I'm only running Avast in Moderate Hardened Mode, but thinking about SysHardener and OSArmor, so just looking at suggestions and you seemed to have tried it but got rid of it. Just wondering why.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
What's your reason for removing SysHardener & OSArmor?

I'm only running Avast in Moderate Hardened Mode, but thinking about SysHardener and OSArmor, so just looking at suggestions and you seemed to have tried it but got rid of it. Just wondering why.

Avast + SysHardener is a great combo https://malwaretips.com/threads/avast-free-syshardener-report-july-2018.84998/
Hardened Mode on Aggressive gets rid of exe malware, while SysHardener gets rid of script malware.
OSArmor is a nice addition, especially because it's extremely light

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Syshardener were slowing boot times down, i ' underclocked' my computer a bit and switched fans so im going for powersafe built right now, messed up bith bios a bit
it's because you disable superfetch service using syshardener, which will 100% cause slower boot time
superfecth will improve boot time or app loading time but in an exchange of higher disk usage during daily usage
first you have to enable superfetcher service or uncheck the option in syshardener
superfetch will slightly increase memory usage
prefetcher does not

you can tweak superfetch and prefetcher to make them less disk intensive

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
"EnableSuperfetch"=dword:00000002
"EnablePrefetcher"=dword:00000000

save it as .reg and execute
"EnableSuperfetch"=dword:00000002 => superfetch is only used for boost boot time, less disk intensive compared to value=3
you can also set "EnablePrefetcher"=dword:00000002 to further improve boottime if you want
  • 0 – to disable Superfetch
  • 1 – to enable prefetching when program is launched
  • 2 – to enable boot prefetching
  • 3 – to enable prefectching of everything
same thing is applied to prefetcher

Prefetch is a feature, introduced in Windows XP and still used in Windows 10, that stores specific data about the applications you run in order to help them start faster. Prefetch is an algorithm that helps anticipate cache misses (times when Windows requests data that isn’t stored in the disk cache), and stores that data on the hard disk for easy retrieval.

Superfetch is a feature that attempts to determine which applications you will launch and then loads up all the necessary files and data into memory. Both of these features require quite a few read and write operations in order to work.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Evjl's Rain o noticed that today aswell, and re ran syshardener to get rid of it. I can give a try and tweak it

@JiSingh12 Nothing wrong with syshardener + avast ( imuade already shared report with you), but i prefer avg instead since it has no ads. I just wanted to go with kaspersky for better web filtering, and since comodo is best buddy for kaspersky, why not to install cf aswell. Youre right, i re-ran syshardener settings before installing kaspersky > cf so i should mention it on config still.

I change my mind pretty often, keep switching my config...but after all we have gotten some nice discussion out of this thread and i have learned alot of basics, even i sometimes feel im ' spamming' this thread

Same with the other peoples configs, thanks for being touch with me/us(y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.