Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Not bad, I may give it a try :)
Did you notice any slowdown when browsing, launching apps or doing normal stuffs on your PC ?
Not that i have seen, i wouldve removed it already if so :unsure:

Its very cpu/disk friendly but signatures are pretty good and phishing filter equal to netcraft to be honest

For me full scan took an hour, but the resource usage was extremely low

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Doesn't look that bad really.

How you finding it so far?

~LDogg
I like it, because of the web filter and anti-exploit. Not sure how strong the sandbox would be but as standalone its not recommended since it has no bb as evjl mentioned before

But with any default deny, hips/ bb protection like comodo firewall i think its good alternative since its more like signature based antivirus so it wont slow you down, even traffic is scanned throught their proxy i cant see any slowment in browsing speed

Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
- removed forticlient
- removed comodo firewall
- removed chrome

+ added
- Syshardener ( max, show hidden& system files disabled, every else enabled)
- OSArmor
- Windows defender
- Forticlient web filter

OSA will be bit redundant with sh , but Still more features than alone

+ Neustar replacing google dns, just because its too good

+Edge replacing Chrome ( the future updates of Chrome is the reason)
- Nano adblocker ( medium mode doing wonders)
- Bitwarden
+ duckduckgo as search engine
Pros: edge ( Firefox font) + web filtering done by smartscreen + fortinet + nano+ neustar = powerful

Windows defender feels light, even people complaining about it i think its just less impact of all antiviruses

ps. Im Still looking for replace for Windows defender, but i really like the ui of it

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Update:
- removed forticlient
- removed comodo firewall
- removed chrome

+ added
- Syshardener ( max, show hidden& system files disabled, every else enabled)
- OSArmor
- Windows defender
- Forticlient web filter

OSA will be bit redundant with sh , but Still more features than alone

+ Neustar replacing google dns, just because its too good

+Edge replacing Chrome ( the future updates of Chrome is the reason)
- Nano adblocker ( medium mode doing wonders)
- Bitwarden
+ duckduckgo as search engine
Pros: edge ( Firefox font) + web filtering done by smartscreen + fortinet + nano+ neustar = powerful

Windows defender feels light, even people complaining about it i think its just less impact of all antiviruses

ps. Im Still looking for replace for Windows defender, but i really like the ui of it
You can't be satisfied with anything!:):):)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You can't be satisfied with anything!:):):)
Theres always something that bothers me, atleast im happy about forticlient because its very superious and 6.0 build isnt buggy

Edge is nice for power user who reads alot

My best bet would be avast as hardened to add now but for now im using defender

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
What's the impact of forticlient on cpu resources?

~LDogg
Barely nothing, since it has no bb the memory stays always at the same aswell. Im not sure how often do their signatures gets updated and last update were 2 days ago when i checked this morning

Their anti-exploit doesnt say edge, just internet Explorer so im curious is edge protected by that aswell

Only thing i really like about forticlient is their web filter wich is probably even better than Kaspersky/netcraft

I think comodo and forticlient conflicts together and i wanted to go back to Windows firewall so i decided to aswell go for forticlient web filter only + Windows defender. Maybe i just replace it with some other av, probably

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

@Moonhorse In order to get the web filter from Forticlient can you select that feature only upon install, or do you have to fully install it and then do a partial uninstall leaving the web filter?

Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Moonhorse In order to get the web filter from Forticlient can you select that feature only upon install, or do you have to fully install it and then do a partial uninstall leaving the web filter?
You only have to select web filter yes, it will install the engine + web filter, currently taking 15mb of memory but i can ditch netcraft, malwarebytes etc. and just go with ublock origin/ nano from now because forticlient can replace them easily

webfilter.png

You can also install sandbox / anti-exploit without installing antivirus i guess.

offtopic: edge is very buggy :(

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Removed Chrome because starting from January it will block injecting from AV vendors? Well, I would ditch that particular AV which might cause problems with Chrome in future. AVs come and go, Chrome as most stable and secure browser as Google property ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Removed Chrome because starting from January it will block injecting from AV vendors? Well, I would ditch that particular AV which might cause problems with Chrome in future. AVs come and go, Chrome as most stable and secure browser as Google property ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Im seriously getting paranoid with Chrome because of january updates, but most antiviruses will find a way to get them working before that.

Forticlient for webfiltering is compatible, same with the Windows defender(only downloaded files) , not web filtering). Just curious is there any other antivirus wich wont conflict with the Chrome?

I already ditched edge, i was posting on mt and it suddenly blanked whole screen. Horrible:eek:

And all chromium forks are just lacking compared to Chrome. And Firefox is just memory hog. Chrome is the only one i always come back to

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm curious what bugs you find in Edge. I have experienced a couple of annoying things myself.

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'm curious what bugs you find in Edge. I have experienced a couple of annoying things myself.
Not sure if nano blocker has something to do with it, or ublock origin because the extensions can blank/crash whole screen by just picking element blocker or adding filters. Edge just feels very unstable, even i like the font /site rendering but most of sites are google domains and lagging really hard because of it

Google monopoly is real

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I downloaded an ATI driver, then smartscreen started doing it's job scanning, it stuck, then freeze, i had to restart Windows.This happened another two times with diferrent files, all above 100mb.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Not sure if nano blocker has something to do with it, or ublock origin because the extensions can blank/crash whole screen by just picking element blocker or adding filters. Edge just feels very unstable, even i like the font /site rendering but most of sites are google domains and lagging really hard because of it

Google monopoly is real

Yes, I experience the occasional crash, or partial crash, of Nano UI - but never any crashes of the whole browser screen.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.