Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
well it worked well , but the visual bug is just annoying. Did full scan on evening and after that memory usage of kaspersky cloud stand above 100mb for whole night it and it only settles to around 40 when reboot.

Its possible to turn windows security center completely off tho
Strange how the same program acts different on other systems... I just did a full scan and it almost immediately settles down to 40.
I hope AVG works well for you.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Strange how the same program acts different on other systems... I just did a full scan and it almost immediately settles down to 40.
I hope AVG works well for you.
Well doesnt matter since its just memory, can have alot stuff on background and cpu sitting at zero. I didnt backup syshardener to have default windows firewall settings, wich might cause something ? But now im running avg + cf i could just reset windows firewall settings and set uac to notify from now since i dont have use for sh rn

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Well doesnt matter since its just memory, can have alot stuff on background and cpu sitting at zero. I didnt backup syshardener to have default windows firewall settings, wich might cause something ? But now im running avg + cf i could just reset windows firewall settings and set uac to notify from now since i dont have use for sh rn
Maybe you can go back to the default settings of SH with "Restore Selected":
Q - What is the "Restore Selected" button?

A - The button "Restore Selected" restores the default (factory-settings) values ONLY for the selected tweaks.

You need to select the tweaks you want to restore and then click the button "Restore Defaults" to restore that selected\checked tweaks to their default (factory-settings) values.

Basically, the button "Restore Selected" allows you to only reset\restore the selected (checked) tweaks, not all of them.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The issues with KSC Free 2019 + FireWall in W10 I guess is only in the case You don't use a 3rd party FireWall, in @Gandalf_The_Grey case is using Comodo FW, so there is no warning from W10 about FireWall...

About the SSL error, I'm using KSC Free 2019 + FFQ 61.0.2 x64 and not getting any issue related to TLS 1.3

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
The issues with KSC Free 2019 + FireWall in W10 I guess is only in the case You don't use a 3rd party FireWall, in @Gandalf_The_Grey case is using Comodo FW, so there is no warning from W10 about FireWall...

About the SSL error, I'm using KSC Free 2019 + FFQ 61.0.2 x64 and not getting any issue related to TLS 1.3
Its giving warning with windows firewall & comodo firewall, i already tried it with win firewall last week and with comodo yesterday

althought i have syshardener enabled on both cases, maybe it causes it? Its visual bug anyways since comodo + windows should be enabled all the time when using cf

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

I only have the SSL error issue with some websites and only when I visit them for the first time or after deleting all cookies and website data.
They take a long time to load, then the error page is shown and after that the website loads.
Examples are: AskVG - Windows Tips, Troubleshooting and Customization /MalwareTips Forums and Windows Central: News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows 10 and all things Microsoft.
I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support about this issue.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I only have the SSL error issue with some websites and only when I visit them for the first time or after deleting all cookies and website data.
They take a long time to load, then the error page is shown and after that the website loads.
Examples are: AskVG - Windows Tips, Troubleshooting and Customization /MalwareTips Forums and Windows Central: News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows 10 and all things Microsoft.
I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support about this issue.
After installing cloud av, it reloads sites bit longer than normally but nothing much for me

You can always re-install whole av and see if it fixes itself?

The only ssl errors i have ever seen are just with the older browsers

Or you can always go back to KFA, and wait month or two to have more stable version out,

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
After installing cloud av, it reloads sites bit longer than normally but nothing much for me

You can always re-install whole av and see if it fixes itself?

The only ssl errors i have ever seen are just with the older browsers
Thanks (y)but I will wait for the response of Kaspersky Support before changing anything.
I will re-install the av anyway on the 5th of september when according to Kaspersky Support the official Dutch version is released.
KFA has the same problem as KSC on my system with Google Chrome and SSL 1.3.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have added tunnelbear to my extensions, for anti tracking/ fingerprint protection

Using nano with 1hosts, in easy mode seems to be good enough to block most of annoying scripts away. Definitely worth of learning to use ublock/nano and you can get rid of most extensions

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
- removed AVG free

+ trying something with forticlient + cf

Since im using cf it doesnt matter forticlient is lacking bb
forticlient1.png

fortidynamic.png

Dynamic protection is off, because i didn't install sandbox right?

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Dynamic protection is off, because i didn't install sandbox right?

Sandbox only works with forticlient if you have a fortigate attached to it on your network. Or a fortisandbox appliance also attached to your network.

Here is a link regarding realtime protection via Forticlient. https://help.fortinet.com/fclient/olh/5-6-4/FortiClient-5.6-Admin/900_Antivirus/0200_Enable Antivirus.htm

Looks like you need to enable a setting for dynamic threat detection.

Edit: Second thoughts, i cant remember off the top of my head but i believe that setting might be grayed out. I think you need a Fortigate attached to it. I could be wrong though.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Sandbox only works with forticlient if you have a fortigate attached to it on your network. Or a fortisandbox appliance also attached to your network.

Here is a link regarding realtime protection via Forticlient. https://help.fortinet.com/fclient/olh/5-6-4/FortiClient-5.6-Admin/900_Antivirus/0200_Enable Antivirus.htm

Looks like you need to enable a setting for dynamic threat detection.

Edit: Second thoughts, i cant remember off the top of my head but i believe that setting might be grayed out. I think you need a Fortigate attached to it. I could be wrong though.
Thats for 5.6 current build is 6.0
fortib.png

Doing research for 6.0 av guide. Gone throught settings many times, but there isnt option

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Well according to the guide i found. The setting should be under "Scan files as they are downloaded or copied to my system". I believe its becuase of not installing the APT features. Like you mentioned. Either way it would of not helped without a fortigate at least.

Here is a admin guide for forticlient https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/4453/FortiClient 6.0.0 Administration Guide.pdf
Cheers, probably i should re-install and enable APT, but disable sandbox feature in settings

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Cheers, probably i should re-install and enable APT, but disable sandbox feature in settings

You can try it and see if you can enable it. I cant find anything regarding needing a fortigate attached to your network to be able to use that setting. But i could of sworn you needed one. Try it and see what you can find, otherwise this is gonna drive me nuts. Might have to start up a VM and find out myself. :)

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You can try it and see if you can enable it. I cant find anything regarding needing a fortigate attached to your network to be able to use that setting. But i could of sworn you needed one. Try it and see what you can find, otherwise this is gonna drive me nuts. Might have to start up a VM and find out myself. :)
I have never connected fortigate, im only using av / web filter

I mean im using standalone mode

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
forti123.png

Enabled APT, to have these extra features and just keeping sandbox disabled as i have comodo firewall with autosandbox anyways

Reactions: imuade and stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.