System recovery
Usb
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

update:
+ comodo cloud antivirus replacing avast free
- removed netcraft & malwarebytes, nano adblocker is all i need + bitwarden password manager
- removed OSA, since using ccav
- removed ccleaner, clearing browsing details from vivaldi in exit, windows cleanup + defrag automated
- replaced google chrome with vivaldi 32bit
- replaced google search with duckduckgo

Keeping it simple

Very good changes(y)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
How many times have you changed your config already the past two weeks? :eek: I lost count already how many AV's you've tried and uninstalled again after a few hours.
I know right:eek: i could edit the existing post more often in future, instead of postin daily:unsure:

Momus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
update:
+ comodo cloud antivirus replacing avast free
- removed netcraft & malwarebytes, nano adblocker is all i need + bitwarden password manager
- removed OSA, since using ccav
- removed ccleaner, clearing browsing details from vivaldi in exit, windows cleanup + defrag automated
- replaced google chrome with vivaldi 32bit
- replaced google search with duckduckgo

Keeping it simple
@Moonhorse, I enjoyed reading your config (changes) as I'm also interested in CCAV. Comodo Firewall Have you ever considered using Eset in comparison? I find it really light weight and tweakable. I really love the concept of Commodo Fireall (due to CS settings) but the new release is not realiable in my point of view...

Reactions: oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Moonhorse, I enjoyed reading your config (changes) as I'm also interested in CCAV. Comodo Firewall Have you ever considered using Eset in comparison? I find it really light weight and tweakable. I really love the concept of Commodo Fireall (due to CS settings) but the new release is not realiable in my point of view...
CCAV is very user friendly and you cant go wrong with it. Last time i used eset were 5 years ago, but im aware its top class product. I just prefer free software over paid myself

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks, maybe I'll give it try, as well - just realized CFW is included :))
you can use the old comodo firewall version 10.2, which is almost flawless IMO
I think CS herself is also using it because it's the last version before the stupid/buggy v11 update
Comodo Free Firewall 10.2.0.6526

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Thanks, maybe I'll give it try, as well - just realized CFW is included :))
CCAV doesnt have comodo firewall included if u meant that, but it has same auto sandbox ability,

And when u set Comodo cloud antivirus on block mode on untrusted files, it will work as default deny

If theres signed malware wich get throught that ability, viruscope has heurestics to find out its malware out there and in last hands its user compromised to trust or not

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
CCAV doesnt have comodo firewall included if u meant that, but it has same auto sandbox ability,

And when u set Comodo cloud antivirus on block mode on untrusted files, it will work as default deny

If theres signed malware wich get throught that ability, viruscope has heurestics to find out its malware out there and in last hands its user compromised to trust or not
unfortunately, CCAV has a delayed/crippled version of sandbox
CIS/CF/CAV is always has a better version of sandbox in theory, then they will update the sandbox in CCAV. 1 of my tests in the past demonstrated it and Comodo admitted it

Comodo's virusscope is unreliable. It rarely detects anything when we deal with hub test malwares. It can block non zero-day malwares when Comodo has signatures for them

in the end, CCAV is an okay product

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Removed:
- CCAV
- Vivaldi

Added:
+ avast free ( hardened)
+ Appcheck Anti-Ransomware
+ Firefox;
- Ublock origin ( nano defender)
- Malwarebytes extension
- Netcraft
- Trace
- Bitwarden

Ps. It seems that trace can replace both; privacy possum & canvasblocker

Trace can also pass all fingerprint tests

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@stefanos Its very light, free version doesnt protect office tho. I dont even have any office software installed so..
appcheck1.png

appguard2.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.