Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You removed CCleaner probably because of what Avast recently did with it and added an Avast extension in your browser. :unsure:
Then I would also keep CCleaner.
Actually because im using chrome as mainbrowser now, i just rather do everything manually and clear system files once a month with bleachbit, what it comes into privacy discussion yes youre right

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Maybe you should change Malwarebytes free with Norton Power Eraser,far better choice imo.MB it's only better for Pups.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Maybe you should change Malwarebytes free with Norton Power Eraser,far better choice imo.MB it's only better for Pups.
I have tried it several times, also i removed zemana completely its just too agressive, maybe thats good if infected but could just replace it with npe

also i came bit paranoid with ccleaner scanning, ran it several times a day when i can just remove cookies/history from browser manually and have scheduled defrag/system clean by windows

Im aware you cant schedule ccleaner scans to run once a week on free version right? @Gandalf_The_Grey

Well im gonna stay with bleacbit for now, since i preferred it to someone who were asking ccleaner alternative

Reactions: Nestor

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I have tried it several times, also i removed zemana completely its just too agressive, maybe thats good if infected but could just replace it with npe

also i came bit paranoid with ccleaner scanning, ran it several times a day when i can just remove cookies/history from browser manually and have scheduled defrag/system clean by windows

Im aware you cant schedule ccleaner scans to run once a week on free version right? @Gandalf_The_Grey
Wise Disk Cleaner and Privazer are also good options.

Reactions: Jack and harlan4096

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Im aware you cant schedule ccleaner scans to run once a week on free version right?
yes you can
just create a task in task scheduler
CCleaner.com - Scheduling CCleaner

Capture.PNG

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Well im gonna stay with bleacbit for now, since i preferred it to someone who were asking ccleaner alternative
That's correct, no scheduled scans from within the free version, but still possible to do according to @Evjl's Rain post (y)
I still prefer CCleaner to anything else out there, especially for cookie management.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Wise Disk Cleaner is good. I use Wise Care 365. Before I was merely using WDC.

OSArmor is light, provides great protection, but the settings when tweaked is so much better.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- removed tunnelbear ( just too buggy ) as found out it times ago

+ malwarebytes
+ netcraft

I think those are the best out there, even i wouldnt land on sketchy site

+ actually using nanoblocker to block 3rdparty scripts that i dont like to watch ( so i dont have to install scriptsafe wich is bit aggressive even on allowed mode

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
- removed tunnelbear ( just too buggy ) as found out it times ago

+ malwarebytes
+ netcraft

I think those are the best out there, even i wouldnt land on sketchy site

+ actually using nanoblocker to block 3rdparty scripts that i dont like to watch ( so i dont have to install scriptsafe wich is bit aggressive even on allowed mode
Good choices! I'm still sticking with Scriptsafe though :p.

~LDogg

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Good choices! I'm still sticking with Scriptsafe though :p.

~LDogg
If i want to install scriptsafe back, it would make me install decentrayles + privacy possum also

I want to get rid of my tinfoil hat and go with secure setup without performance loss. I dont like comment sections on few newspaper sites so i can aswell use nano to block those scripts/frames completely

Reactions: oldschool and LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
If i want to install scriptsafe back, it would make me install decentrayles + privacy possum also

I want to get rid of my tinfoil hat and go with secure setup without performance loss. I dont like comment sections on few newspaper sites so i can aswell use nano to block those scripts/frames completely
I see your reasoning for this!

~LDogg

Reactions: Moonhorse

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I see you are using Nano Adblocker in Medium Mode. I guess you have come over from the dark side into the light? :)(y) Nice. Have you thought of replacing SysHardener and OSA with Hard_Configurator? Andy has a special setting for it to be used with Avast Hardened Mode. They were made for each other like Romeo & Juliet, but without the suicide! :LOL:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I see you are using Nano Adblocker in Medium Mode. I guess you have come over from the dark side into the light? :)(y) Nice. Have you thought of replacing SysHardener and OSA with Hard_Configurator? Andy has a special setting for it to be used with Avast Hardened Mode. They were made for each other like Romeo & Juliet, but without the suicide! :LOL:
Im aware of andy, but i woud like to use WD as main antivirus by then and just get rid of avast. I think im happy with avast (hardened) + sh+ OSA for now. Id like to use CCAV due its sandbox ability, but there were signed malware on malwarehub yesterday once again, im just curious how well does ccav viruscope heurestic do since after that its up to me what happens to file im running.

I think im fine with nano adblocker as standalone, but id like to have fingerprint blocking without hassle, tunnelbear is nice to pair with nano as long i private browse on sites using javascript clients

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I still need to feel good about my own config xD.

CFW + Immunet + Syshardener + browser extensions + on demand scanners could be good. Could lose Immunet though xD
Have you ever tried CIS? you could just turn everything down except the firewall. Also running whole software is lightweight and the web filtering is improving all the time as we see
Propably the best software out there

Im feeling i could go back to cis, but avast sh + osa seems to be very lightweight and compare as good

Malwarebytes could be replaced with filterlists, netcraft is top class extension but you wont benefit of it outside of testing against very fresh phishing links

Im slowly getting to point where im using chrome + adblocker and web filter of the antivirus software wich is more than average joe setup

Reactions: oldschool

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I haven't fully no. Even then I'd still use Syshardener alongside CIS. I won't be using Avast again however. Netcraft definitely keeping.

I just need to get to the point where I feel as if my setup's spot on. I'll take a look at CIS.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
update:
+ comodo cloud antivirus replacing avast free
- removed netcraft & malwarebytes, nano adblocker is all i need + bitwarden password manager
- removed OSA, since using ccav
- removed ccleaner, clearing browsing details from vivaldi in exit, windows cleanup + defrag automated
- replaced google chrome with vivaldi 32bit
- replaced google search with duckduckgo

Keeping it simple

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
update:
+ comodo cloud antivirus replacing avast free
- removed netcraft & malwarebytes, nano adblocker is all i need + bitwarden password manager
- removed OSA, since using ccav
- removed ccleaner, clearing browsing details from vivaldi in exit, windows cleanup + defrag automated
- replaced google chrome with vivaldi 32bit
- replaced google search with duckduckgo

Keeping it simple
Good changes again!

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.