Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Used K9 before. I'll see what Forticlient is like.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Used K9 before. I'll see what Forticlient is like.

~LDogg
Alright, i had few cases with comodo firewall + forticlient where forticlient was showing in system tray, but web filter were turned off. I think hips caused it but you should check sometimes its really turned on

yarr

Level 2
Verified
Jul 5, 2018
Syshardener ( evjl rains setup + bit more) - What is that exactly in the parenthesis? Interested in how I can better config this

Reactions: Moonhorse

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Mine happens to be Syshardener w/ @Evjl's Rain settings, Forticlient (web filter only), Immunet at my own settings during tests, then CFW, then finally Scriptsafe my own settings for fingerprint protection etc etc.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Syshardener ( evjl rains setup + bit more) - What is that exactly in the parenthesis? Interested in how I can better config this
Really nothing much, just printers and something that i dont use and he does. Its pretty much max settings on his setup

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@Evjl's Rain would i benefit disabling .reg & .bat files with syshardener? Do malware ever exploit .reg anyways? If i dont mess up with register at all

This morning i couldnt acces with chrome into anything, found out comodo blocking forticlient even i allowed it many times. Theyre conflicting together...here i am now running windows defender once again :sleep:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain would i benefit disabling .reg & .bat files with syshardener? Do malware ever exploit .reg anyways? If i dont mess up with register at all

This morning i couldnt acces with chrome into anything, found out comodo blocking forticlient even i allowed it many times. Theyre conflicting together...here i am now running windows defender once again :sleep:
it's up to you. malwares frequently use regedit to infect windows
however, they are essential components of windows
I use bat and reg every week so I can't disable them

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
it's up to you. malwares frequently use regedit to infect windows
however, they are essential components of windows
I use bat and reg every week so I can't disable them
Cheers, there isnt much i do outside of web browser so i have disabled ( enabled from SysHardener) them for now

I think im not gonna mess with comodo anymore, just SYshardener + basic av for basic protection, could go for avast / bitdefender since i havent tried them much

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
I like to see how people try to use Comodo products in MT, and after a while common sense kicks in realizing they don't even need CCAV, CF, CIS, if all they do is just browsing and follow what they install on their system. (y)
it´s not that easy.. some web abuse literally and alot of ads, pop ups, redirects ( wich no ad blocker can block them: just try any youtube converter online )u can surf safe but there always many webs full of dangerous things.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I like to see how people try to use Comodo products in MT, and after a while common sense kicks in realizing they don't even need CCAV, CF, CIS, if all they do is just browsing and follow what they install on their system. (y)
Its hard to get infected without torrenting/ illegal things. Youre very right, im just paranoid:unsure:

Update:
- CCAV removed
+ Syshardener hardened + windows defender as default antivirus

Offtopic: spotify installed from microsoft store, alot lighter than desktop app

Reactions: harlan4096

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
update:
+ added

- Sophos home premium FREE
- Comodo firewall - cs settings

Plan is keep this setup for a week and see does sophos really calm down
I wanted to also try andy fuls defender setup, but i rather use something from big av company, also i have .reg disabled wich is needed for conf

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

update:
+ added

- Sophos home premium FREE
- Comodo firewall - cs settings

Plan is keep this setup for a week and see does sophos really calm down
I wanted to also try andy fuls defender setup, but i rather use something from big av company, also i have .reg disabled wich is needed for conf

Definitely give it some time to see if it settles down. I'm not 100% sure on the free version, but I know the SHP once it is done caching it prompts you to restart your computer. If the free version behaves the same way, once you get that prompt you should be good to go!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Definitely give it some time to see if it settles down. I'm not 100% sure on the free version, but I know the SHP once it is done caching it prompts you to restart your computer. If the free version behaves the same way, once you get that prompt you should be good to go!
cf + sophos is bit heavy combo, but after first boot it feels like having CIS. Definitely having high hopes to see results after caching is completed

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
- removed Netcraft
- removed Malwarebytes extension
- removed sophos free

+ windows defender as antivirus
+ Heilig ransomOFF ( Advanced Mode
+ added some filters for nano adblocker
+ Firefox Quantum(secondary browser) + ublock

+ backup of the current setup, dont have plans to add anything specific

Keep it simple, malwarebytes free scan once a week.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Update:
- removed Netcraft
- removed sophos free

+ windows defender as antivirus ( ransomware protection on folders)
+ waterfox(secondary browser) + ublock

Good changes!

Did you still find Sophos to heavy like before? I too have been contemplating just switching my setup and keeping it simple. Not that I'm dissatisfied with SHP, I really like it a lot, but the more I think about it using WD with configure defender and potentially OS Armor is more than sufficient IMO.

Reactions: stefanos

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Update:
- removed Netcraft
- removed sophos free

+ windows defender as antivirus
+ Heilig ransomOFF ( Advanced Mode
+ Firefox Quantum(secondary browser) + ublock

Good changes!!

Thinking about adding OSArmor.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Good changes!

Did you still find Sophos to heavy like before? I too have been contemplating just switching my setup and keeping it simple. Not that I'm dissatisfied with SHP, I really like it a lot, but the more I think about it using WD with configure defender and potentially OS Armor is more than sufficient IMO.
Well cant say its heavy, free av just lacks something, web filter werent working on legacy browsers etc. The paid is worth it for sure

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 72227

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.