Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'm thinking of whether or not I will be uninstalling VDS. As I have despraxia, it's hard for me to remember certain things. Like setting VDS to disabled install mode when updating or installing software.

~LDogg
Voodooshield is very heavy anyways, you dont really gain anything out of it since youre using cf already. Could replace voodooshield with using virustotal or enabling hips from cf

Reactions: stefanos

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is good for ransonware protection . The only bad is if you use sanboxed borwser you must uncheck this rules
I have no need to use browser as sandboxed, since im using chrome as mainbrowser and im not malware/av tester anyways

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Voodooshield is very heavy anyways, you dont really gain anything out of it since youre using cf already. Could replace voodooshield with using virustotal or enabling hips from cf
Thanks for putting this into a perspective for me. I'll have a little think about maybe changing up my setup.

~LDogg

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I run one week without WDS. Only 360TS. I using 360 sandbox and virus total. Is realy heavy wds

Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Thanks for putting this into a perspective for me. I'll have a little think about maybe changing up my setup.

~LDogg
If malware with trusted signature will pass cf, hips will block it...but hips also give you many false alerts so its user who makes decision on last hand. With CCAV i dont have to mess up with hips

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
If malware with trusted signature will pass cf, hips will block it...but hips also give you many false alerts so its user who makes decision on last hand. With CCAV i dont have to mess up with hips
I using the ccav for one year at my pc. Lite for Comodo product and good security. I uninstalled it because the virus signatures was not good. And many times they ran programs in the sandbox without reason and without any notice from ccav. Perhaps now the virus signatures of Comodo have improved. And for two months i run it with immunet. More better results

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
23155092_10209053943458991_5922036931702758451_o.jpg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I using the ccav for one year at my pc. Lite for Comodo product and good security. I uninstalled it because the virus signatures was not good. And many times they ran programs in the sandbox without reason and without any notice from ccav. Perhaps now the virus signatures of Comodo have improved. And for two months i run it with immunet. More better results
Very unlikely to run into malware problem and more unlikely is that valkyrie will fp that. Its said its possible to bypass CCAV, but its also possible to bypass CF. But youre right, comodo has been improved alot in overall, not just on firewall. I think theyre gonna take antivirus and web protection more seriously in future instead just relying in cf/sandbox protection

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
What do you think of CFW (basic settings) + Immunet w/ Clam AV turned off? Also thinking about maybe using Forticlient with everything off apart from the Web Filter.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
What do you think of CFW (basic settings) + Immunet w/ Clam AV turned off? Also thinking about maybe using Forticlient with everything off apart from the Web Filter.

~LDogg
Might work, i had those and voodooshield and they conlifcted badly, maybe due VDS

I think its bit paranoid to add anything with cf, you could have decent antivirus with cf instead of both immunet + forticlient

Evjl used immunet, you may ask tweaks from him, i think they are posted in this thread already somewhere

edit: found them
if you use immunet, I recommend you to:
- disable the ClamAV engine, clam update
- disable CIS's antivirus component
- add exclusion of comodo folder in immunet setting
- Enabled scan packed files
Personaly i found ' enabled scan packed files' quite heavy
Also if you are using hips with cf and go for forticlient , turn it off ( found out my forticlient web filter were turned off due this)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
+ Added forticlient ( web filter only) its working fine with windows firewall, cf had some problems with it

+ google dns, since forticlient will do web filtering

forticlient takes around 12mb for web filtering, and google dns is faster than cloudflare/neustar(previous) i think my browsing experience just improved alot :unsure:

I could turn cloud scan off from CCAV and completely rely on sandbox blocking, but doesnt make huge difference

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Update:
+ Added forticlient ( web filter only) its working fine with windows firewall, cf had some problems with it

+ google dns, since forticlient will do web filtering

forticlient takes around 12mb for web filtering, and google dns is faster than cloudflare/neustar(previous) i think my browsing experience just improved alot :unsure:

I could turn cloud scan off from CCAV and completely rely on sandbox blocking, but doesnt make huge difference
I'm still thinking about using Forticlient alongside Immunet & CFW.

How's it going for you so far?

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@LDogg actually it takes bit more than 12mb in reality:unsure:, i think it pretty much can compare with kasperskys web filter, so i might remove netcraft from my browser extensions. Green system tray is something so beautiful. You can add it and see how it performances,
forti1.png

Edit: i would recommend k9, over forticlient its bit lighter and working on system level. Im sometimes playing java games, and k9 causes problems with that. I already contacted symantec about this and they asked me to ask domain list from gaming company to solve this problem, but i gave up. You wont have this problem so i would give k9 a go before forticlient

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
@LDogg actually it takes bit more than 12mb in reality:unsure:, i think it pretty much can compare with kasperskys web filter, so i might remove netcraft from my browser extensions. Green system tray is something so beautiful. You can add it and see how it performances,View attachment 194338
I'll take a look. See how I feel about it. Does it lag the internet when you load webpages at all?

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'll take a look. See how I feel about it. Does it lag the internet when you load webpages at all?

~LDogg
Forticlient uses proxy so everything goes throught that, it probably does but i cant see any difference on it

forticlient 5.6 used to kill my ping, but 6.0 is working smooth.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Forticlient uses proxy so everything goes throught that, it probably does but i cant see any difference on it

forticlient 5.6 used to kill my ping, but 6.0 is working smooth.

I'll see what it's like and just disable everything I don't need. Wish Forticlient also had an only-web filter application too.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'll see what it's like and just disable everything I don't need. Wish Forticlient also had an only-web filter application too.

~LDogg
You basically just download installer, and only enable web filter from it. You can also disable it completely and just turn on when you want to. I recommend k9 over forticlient,

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Ah on the setup you can choose what you would like to install on additional Security Settings. Kinda cool!

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.